• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My jeans are too loose now, what can I do?

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope :-(

You could get the waist darted at a local tailor's, but you'd first have to be certain that the procedure wouldn't screw up the proportions i.e. leave you with a tight waist and loose thighs.

DBoon

Reaction score
Not necessarily. How loose are they?

Anyways, the way you are going to shrink these the most is by giving them a HOT wash in the washer, and a HOT dry in the dryer. If that isn't enough, then you can consider making alterations. But you will probably just get bigger in time...

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, even if you shrink them back to their original size, they will restretch out as you wear them. So, you need to buy some smaller jeans, or get used to wearing what you have looser.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it loose in the legs or the topblock?

If in the topblock, I've had success stuffing a cucumber in the front to help take up the slack in the topblock. Women love the improved fit so much that they won't quit touching my jeans!

aerether

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
Is it loose in the legs or the topblock?

If in the topblock, I've had success stuffing a cucumber in the front to help take up the slack in the topblock. Women love the improved fit so much that they won't quit touching my jeans!

Do you think a banana would work just as well?

Milky_Madison

Reaction score
My jeans are too loose in the seat. Would most local tailors be able to shorten the rise from the crotch areaon rigid jeans? Or will I have to look for a super tailor of some sort?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tailors can EASILY do what's called a waist/seat/thigh to take in fabric at all those different areas.

one caveat though: if you take in the waist or seat too much, the pockets might look awkwardly close.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
tailors can EASILY do what's called a waist/seat/thigh to take in fabric at all those different areas.

one caveat though: if you take in the waist or seat too much, the pockets might look awkwardly close.

I have been told this is all but impossible on jeans. Pants- easy.

Royal Berk

Reaction score
Eat some pies put on some weight, the girls will love you for it

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just throw it into the dryer on really hot for really long. No washing required. It will stretch back out but you can just repeat.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
I have been told this is all but impossible on jeans. Pants- easy.

Then you must find a new tailor.

I only soak my jeans cold in order to preserve the dry denim look; unfortunately, it also means that they'll never really shrink back to the regular waist size. The solution? Ask my tailor to take in 1 inch (max) and wear a thick a belt (belts stretch too). There's only so much a pair of jeans could stretch and it's been working pretty well so far.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40