1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Jantzen Shirt Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VMan, Jan 31, 2005.

1. gregory

gregory Senior member

I ordered this fabric as well (along with Plain Cotton Marine Blue and Herringbone #1) so I'm definitely looking forward....
    I think I should get my shirts this week.

2. kabert

kabert Senior member

Great-looking shirt -- I really like the collar and the blue buttonholes. Perhaps the buttonholes are not ideal if you only have a handful of shirts, but great if you are looking for variety in your collection. What was the final cost, delivered, if I may ask?

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i think the shirt looks great. the shoulders and cuffs look fine to me though it is a bit hard to tell.

2 questions: did you purposely have them leave off the sleeve placket button? and which model of collar is that?

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Johnny, he started sending me emails about my orders about two weeks before I received them, asked for my new credit card, and confirming my orders. I didnt email him since when I ordered the shirts a month ago.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

Yes, I had them leave off the sleeve placket button.

Collar is, I think, Full British Spread.

6. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

I am thinking about ordering a pink french cuff shirt (the one Alfie is wearing in your avatar) from them. The one deterrent is that I just acquired a pink herringbone Hugo Boss shirt (not french cuff though).

7. VMan

VMan Senior member

I say go for it.

The only downfall will be that your Jantzen shirt will be worn much much much more than the Boss shirt you just purchased, due to the near-perfect fit of MTM. Plus, you probably paid more for your Boss shirt than you would for a Jantzen.

8. Charles Rogers

Charles Rogers Senior member

(Charles Rogers @ Jan. 31 2005,22:47) I am thinking about ordering a pink french cuff shirt (the one Alfie is wearing in your avatar) from them. The one deterrent is that I just acquired a pink herringbone Hugo Boss shirt (not french cuff though).
    I say go for it. The only downfall will be that your Jantzen shirt will be worn much much much more than the Boss shirt you just purchased, due to the near-perfect fit of MTM. Plus, you probably paid more for your Boss shirt than you would for a Jantzen.
    It'll be close, 44.50 for the Boss. I just wish I got it in Blue and Violet also. The thing is, I don't know if I will be around by the time the Jantzens are finished.

9. bch

bch Senior member

Here's the status of my late August order:

After I sent several e-mails in December (4 in the same day, one for each shirt ordered), Ricky replied in early January via e-mail that he would make only 1 shirt of 4 since I made substantial measurement changes. Got that 2 weeks ago, measurements were spot on, and told him to send the rest. Rec'd the remainder (3 shirts) today.

They all look and fit great.

By the way, for those looking for a "cut-away" collar, I think the "big spread" qualifies. I ordered it with Check #415. Pattern matching is excellent.

Thanks, Ricky.

10. ernest

ernest Senior member

6 months to receive a shirt?

11. bch

bch Senior member

Well, I waited 5 mos. Too long, but it's not like I run around naked in the meantime.....