• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My iPod died so now i WTB one...

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Anyone selling an iPod?

Let me know

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Oh it died? How sad. Natural causes or murder?
sarcasm.gif
Check out the Toshiba Gigabeat S. I hear good things.
14802.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
play nicely. it was the first generation 5 gig one, so i got a good 5, 6 years out of it, so I really cant complain. Never filled it so never upgraded it. Served me well. Died in my duffel bag, took one last whack I guess. PS feel free to let this slide for a while and then give it a bump with something abusive in a day or two
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
play nicely.

it was the first generation 5 gig one, so i got a good 5, 6 years out of it, so I really cant complain. Never filled it so never upgraded it. Served me well.

At least you got some milage out of it before it crapped out. I can't believe you never filled up 5GB. You need to dump your girlfriends and spend some more quality time exploring the arts.

colgate.gif

CoryB

Reaction score
You need to find podcasting. I only have a 2GB version (I was a giddy idiot and they didn't have an 4GB in store), but I frequently have offload things because I have to much that I want to listen too. You can find tens of thousands of podcasts (most truly horrible), but many excellent. I learn more by walking around then I do by reading textbooks.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Perhaps there's something on global warming?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Perhaps there's something on global warming?
no such thing. so...on to more important matters....anyone wanna sell me their old iPod

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
no such thing.

so...on to more important matters....anyone wanna sell me their old iPod

Let me look around, maybe I have an extra one...

Nope. Sorry. I'll sell you my PSP, but I don't think I have an extra iPod for sale...
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Let me look around, maybe I have an extra one...

Nope. Sorry. I'll sell you my PSP, but I don't think I have an extra iPod for sale...
smile.gif

Slim pay attention for chrissakes
Originally Posted by m@T
PS feel free to let this slide for a while and then give it a bump with something abusive in a day or two
smile.gif

BigSur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CoryB
I learn more by walking around then I do by reading textbooks.

Your line compelled me to finally go out and buy one... Reccomendations for good ones?

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigSur
Your line compelled me to finally go out and buy one... Reccomendations for good ones?

I've found lots of great ones. I'll break them down my category. I've put comments in paraenthsies. To find any of these podcasts simply put the name into the iTunes podcast directory. I like all of these, but I've italicized those which are really great, usually because they are short and teach a lot/make you think (also they carry the added benefit of providing interest tidbits for conversations). This isn't even close to my entire podcast directory
smile.gif
. Every night I go to bed with a podcast playing in my ear; usually I get to listen to 30mins below falling asleep which allows me to listen to a large amount per week.

History
Matt's Today in History (best history podcast available, only about 7 minutes and always interesting)
Military History Podcast (Often on ancient battles, but still interesting)
History According to Bob (Audio versions of lectures so can be dry, but informative)

Current Events/News
A World of Possibilities (1hr long features on topics relating to the current world)
Correspodent's Report (BBC - Reports from foreign correspodents around the world)
Documentary Archieve (BBC - Documentaries about a variety of subjects)
From Our Own Correspodent's (ABC - Same as BBC's Correspodent's Report)
Needs No Introduction (Recordings of live speakers, quality very much dependent on the speaker)
Perspectives (ABC - Daily 5min essays on a huge variety of topics)
Slate's Explainer Podcast (Slate - Explaining a topic related to the news)

Science
All in the Mind (ABC - About the human brain and pschology)
Quirks and Quarks (CBC - Science show on a variety of subjects)

Other
GQ Audio Podcast (About GQ and its articles)
NPR: This I Believe (NPR - Personal stories of belief)
NPR: Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me (NPR - Good break from learning, comedy show about the week's news)

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigSur
I've found lots of great ones. I'll break them down my category. I've put comments in paraenthsies. To find any of these podcasts simply put the name into the iTunes podcast directory. I like all of these, but I've italicized those which are really great, usually because they are short and teach a lot/make you think (also they carry the added benefit of providing interest tidbits for conversations). This isn't even close to my entire podcast directory
smile.gif
. Every night I go to bed with a podcast playing in my ear; usually I get to listen to 30mins below falling asleep which allows me to listen to a large amount per week. History Matt's Today in History (best history podcast available, only about 7 minutes and always interesting) Military History Podcast (Often on ancient battles, but still interesting) History According to Bob (Audio versions of lectures so can be dry, but informative) Current Events/News A World of Possibilities (1hr long features on topics relating to the current world) Correspodent's Report (BBC - Reports from foreign correspodents around the world) Documentary Archieve (BBC - Documentaries about a variety of subjects) From Our Own Correspodent's (ABC - Same as BBC's Correspodent's Report) Needs No Introduction (Recordings of live speakers, quality very much dependent on the speaker) Perspectives (ABC - Daily 5min essays on a huge variety of topics) Slate's Explainer Podcast (Slate - Explaining a topic related to the news) Science All in the Mind (ABC - About the human brain and pschology) Quirks and Quarks (CBC - Science show on a variety of subjects) Other GQ Audio Podcast (About GQ and its articles, a good way to learn about the fashions and sports that I otherwise wouldn't) NPR: This I Believe (NPR - Personal stories of belief) NPR: Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me (NPR - Good break from learning, comedy show about the week's news) To find other good podcasts look up the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corp.), BBC, CBC, and NPR. Each network has lots of shows and being that they are professionally produced the quality is much higher than others.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
thats interesting, but kinda wasted over here in buying n selling - be a good general/entertainment thread.

cory - you want to start one, or can i quote you as a starter post?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect condition, always in a case with both screen and scrollwheel cover. Comes with the following:

• Two skins (Lajo and iSkin), glow in the dark wheel cover (protector) and screen cover
  • Complete box and manuals
  • Sendstation Pocketdock Firewire and Line-Out. Never used, complete with box and cables
  • Apple earbuds, never used
  • Anapod Explorer license. Transferrable.
  • All cables, docking station

Asking $250 shipped.

CoryB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
thats interesting, but kinda wasted over here in buying n selling - be a good general/entertainment thread. cory - you want to start one, or can i quote you as a starter post?
Certainly you can quote me. I think it would be a great thread. Sorry for not responding more quickly; I've been away from civilization (no WiFi *gasp*).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads