• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My HK made Keaton Collar Pics

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jantzen. I didn't specify anything, Ricky claimed to know what to do.

However it didn't really come out looking too right??....it also was supposed to be contrast collar but he botched that too.

Oh well.

and finally me looking all anime

mrchapel

Reaction score
Hmm...yeah something doesn't look right there. Aside from a weird collar (perhaps your definitions of Keaton collars differ), the shirt fits you well. Which fabric is that? Love the last picture; suit fits you well, is it tailored/bespoke?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea...do you kow exactly the specs for a keaton collar?
I would like to find out for sure. From what I see, first of all the keaton collars look weird with too high a collar band, and theres a more sharksfin curved angle.
...also..perhaps longer collar points? I'm not too sure which fabric it is, Its a herringbone of some sort. I get access to jantzen locally, so I can't help you out with the number sorry
Its a Jantzen suit as well

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notwhithstanding the contrasting collar issue, I'm not sure what's wrong with the shirt. Looks like a Keaton to me, though the spread is perhaps a little wider on the Keaton.

abc123

Reaction score
I like it. I have a white keaton from rlpl, and I was thinking about making another through Jantzen, since polo doesn't offer many fabric choices. Bummer about the collar mix up, but your shirt still looks very nice!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like it without the contrast.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Another vote in favor of the collar you have -- not a fan of contrasting collars at all. Shirt looks pretty good.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I'm not sure I like the Keaton collar. It seems almost costumey in how spread it is.

The fact that he messed up making a contrasting collar has kind of solidified my decision to not use Jantzen.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
here ia the famed keaton TD yours is close!

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone spot the technical differences of the two collars. I would like to modify it some more to resemble it more. Also, once I get it perfected, I can tell ricky to put a "number" on it so you guys can order it online yea?
Should be going to Jantzens today. will try to make another Closer to spec keaton collar. har har

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 248 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%
  • 31 - 40