• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Greenfield Fitting - Pics Inside

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
I have not seen these suits, but I will check the out on the next visit. The Isaia ones were made in the Marks and Spencer era for a season or two and are rare as hen's teeth. The few I have seen are the best made items BB has ever offered. They come up on eBay every once and a while.

Funny, I have an Isaia made BB suit in my closet. It's actually one of my favorite. At the initial time of purchase (from the then 6th floor of the 346 Madison main store), I was told by the salesman that it was made by St. Andrews. Comparison of the labels later confirm the Isaia origin.

Rebel_5

Reaction score
BB has a Regent fit Golden Fleece made in Italy. Super 150s or 160s I think. I've seen four stripped patterns at the Newbury St Store, all $2400. Cut like the 1818 Regent, but the lapel buttonhole is keyhole. Not as much handwork as the Greenfield, but one thing I noticed--Greenfield GF suits don't have besom rear pockets, the Italian Regents do.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Beautiful suit. If only they would make trips to New York.
They are minutes from the Williamsburg bridge. For the price and quality it's probably worth the trip. Thanks for all the compliments!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all honesty, this suit looks better than 80% of the bespoke that's posted on SF. Well done.

Cornellian

Reaction score
Great looking suit. I think the styling fits your frame very well. Well done!

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A good looking suit. I suggest you ask for livelier lapels and more open quarters on your next suit.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
A good looking suit. I suggest you ask for livelier lapels and more open quarters on your next suit.
I've seen the term before but what exactly are open quarters? edit:
Originally Posted by mafoofan The quarters are the bottom fronts of the jacket. There's a left and right quarter, each beginning approximately where the jacket buttons and ending at the jacket's bottom. 'Open' quarters are spread farther apart, showing more trouser. Yours are almost completed closed.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I've seen the term before but what exactly are open quarters?

Pink lines = closed quarters
Yellow lines = open quarters

CN2.jpg

nsoltz

Reaction score
Magnificent suit. But, you're getting married... enough with the "farkrimte punim!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads