1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Greenfield Fitting - Pics Inside

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AnGeLiCbOrIs, Jun 12, 2008.

1. AntonioG

AntonioG Well-Known Member

Looks like the end product is going to be very nice.

2. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

+1 on the good fit so far. Very very nice.

3. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

In all honesty, this suit looks better than 80% of the bespoke that's posted on SF. Well done.

4. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Looks good, reminds me a lot of Chorse's suits actually.

5. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

Great looking suit. I think the styling fits your frame very well. Well done!

6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

A good looking suit. I suggest you ask for livelier lapels and more open quarters on your next suit.

7. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

A good looking suit. I suggest you ask for livelier lapels and more open quarters on your next suit.
    I've seen the term before but what exactly are open quarters? edit:

8. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I've seen the term before but what exactly are open quarters?

Pink lines = closed quarters
    Yellow lines = open quarters

[​IMG]

9. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Looks pretty good. I too would like to see the quarters a little more open, but it's not bad. A very handsome suit. When you get it, can you post back and side pictures?

Thanks for the pictures.

10. nsoltz

nsoltz Senior member

Magnificent suit. But, you're getting married... enough with the "farkrimte punim!"

11. CHITON

CHITON Senior member

Very nice suit. Well done!

12. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

They are minutes from the Williamsburg bridge. For the price and quality it's probably worth the trip.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Perhaps, but at that price and quality level, I think he would do very well if he made regular trips to New York. I am sure a lot of Style Forum members would be interested.

13. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Perhaps, but at that price and quality level, I think he would do very well if he made regular trips to New York. I am sure a lot of Style Forum members would be interested.

Probably doesn't want to piss off his biggest customer (BB).

14. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Probably doesn't want to piss off his biggest customer (BB).

ya, why would I pay 500-600 dollar more for BB GF when I can get the same thing by going to his factory directly?

Suit looks good BTW, looks like they did a decent job with minimal shoulder request, def. looks softer than my GF suit.

Did you ask for waist suppresion? looks like the waist area is cut rather full.

15. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

ya, why would I pay 500-600 dollar more for BB GF when I can get the same thing by going to his factory directly? Suit looks good BTW, looks like they did a decent job with minimal shoulder request, def. looks softer than my GF suit. Did you ask for waist suppresion? looks like the waist area is cut rather full.
    The jacket I tried on when I first went in definitely had more waist suppression. They are still going to take in the waist so I hope it comes naturally. If I had an appointment initially or I did not go so spur of the moment I would have started a thread discussing what to ask for. There are a few slight things I would have done different had I known to ask but the suit fits so well I can hardly complain. I think I would have just printed a picture of a Rubinacci and said just make me something like this. I'd have done something similar without the cuffs. Who is this, btw? [​IMG]

16. Cornellian

Cornellian Senior member

That's iammatt in (probably) Rubinacci.

If the cut doesn't give it away, the tie-space and home decor do :)

17. unpainted huffheinz

unpainted huffheinz Senior member

Martin Greenfield is not going to make a Rubinacci knock off for you. He makes American cut suits, like Oxxford, and asking to deviate is asking for trouble.

Matt's shoes look like they were run over by a car.

18. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I think your suit is shaping up extremely well, looking forward to the finished product when final alterations are done for you. I can only hope you are taking advantage of functional sleeve buttons with buttons lightly 'kissing' one another.

I always like reading about martin greenfield suits, which i think are a real value for a product made here in the usa. reminds me, I have a short promotional video made for neiman marcus called "The Soul of the Suit" that made me want to wear finely tailored clothing one day (it's on VHS, if that gives you an idea of how long i've been waiting for the suit 'big leagues')-- martin greenfield is featured, along with brioni, oxxford, and a short piece on zegna.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Martin Greenfield is not going to make a Rubinacci knock off for you. He makes American cut suits, like Oxxford, and asking to deviate is asking for trouble.
    That's all well in theory but simply not true in Greenfield's case. Stop by the Massimo Bizzocchi store in the MPG and have a look at the top line suits and jackets. They're made by MG and have a super soft shoulder, zero padding and are as close to a Neapolitan silhouette as it gets.

On the other end of the spectrum, I believe he makes Duncan Quinn's MTM suits which are very "British" (in the military tradition, not A&S style) and slim cut.

20. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

Todd Greenfield. (I met with Jay last time.) He offered to take me into the production room and was sure to point out that the sewing machines (in the picture below) are the only ones in the whole factory and everything else is sewn by hand

Who is Tod kidding.
    Did he show you the sewing room where they make the uniforms and #2 make suits for the Hassids.
    Carl