• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My great experience with Iron Heart

geoff

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I went down to Hinoya in Ueno to try on some Iron Hearts and SugarCanes. Unfortunately, I didn't fall in love with any of the SCs but I did fall heavy for the Iron Heart Super Blacks.

Hinoya only had a size 36 and I couldn't even get them over my thighs. I knew from SelfEdge that they made at least a 38 but all the clerks assured me that 36 was the largest.
I came home, checked Iron Heart's Japanese webpage and found 38 AND 40 on Rakuten. I called a few places but nobody stocked anything larger than 36. Everyone would gladly order the larger sizes for me, but I'd be on the hook to purchase them even if they didn't fit. Not cool.

Yesterday I put a call in to the Iron Heart company themselves in Hachioji (about 45-60min from downtown) and they definitely had both 38s and 40s. We explained that 36 was too small but we didn't know if 38 or 40 would be best for me. Hiromoto-san from Iron Heart immediately offered to have both 38 and 40s sent to the closest local shop to me, great service. So today I stopped by a shop in Harajuku and they had both pairs waiting for me in the back. The 38s fit great and now I'm a proud owner.

Summary:
Nobody stocks 38s, I have to pay to get them ordered in before I can try them on.
Call Iron Heart, the nicest people in the world have the jeans shipped next day.
I buy a pair.

Absolutely first class, great customer service from Iron Heart. That's all - just wanted to share.

geoff

Reaction score
Thanks - support your non-local Japanese denim producer

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great customer service, sadly very few companies give it these days

Crooow

Reaction score
Given the quality of their products, it's not surprising that their customer service is top-notch; but still nice to hear. Congratulations on your new denim (my Iron Hearts are my favorite jeans).
smile.gif

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is honestly great to hear.

It's just too bad this can't be said for other companies.

geoff

Reaction score
38 is the biggest pair I've ever bought. Normally I'm a 36, but the calves and thighs of the 36 are way too small. 38 is a touch big at the waist but perfect everywhere else.

The shop guy told me to focus on calves, thighs and butt and forget the waist sizes. Let's hope he's right...

EDIT:: I got the Super Black Boot Cuts in case anyone's interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads