Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My Great Experience with FIH Ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thompsdo, Sep 26, 2006.

1. thompsdo

thompsdo New Member

First, some background. I am getting married at the end of October, I am wearing a black suit and needed a tie to complete the look. I also needed ties for three groomsmen. Knew about FIH Ties from the forum and called up Jonathon, as I wanted to see the ties in person.

I live in Manhattan and work in New Jersey, Jonathon picked my fiance and I up from the subway station in Brooklyn and brought us to the store. He pulled a sample white shirt and black jacket and we went through about 40 different options of ties. His taste was spot on and his suggestions were followed.

We ended up with four beautiful ties, two diet cokes and a free ride back to the subway. All in all, a pleasure to deal with and I would highly reccommend the shop.

2. Roger

Roger Senior member

Jonathan's customer service has to be experienced to be believed. I and many others have known this for a long time, but your account tops everything I've heard! [​IMG]

3. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Black suit??? BURN HIM! [​IMG]

4. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I bought some merino sweaters from FIH. Great quality, and best service I've experienced for online deals.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

FIH and Carlo Franco are definitely favorites on this forum, but I hope they blow up big time real soon and receive a huge international following. From what I've heard about their products and customer service, it's just a matter of time.

6. new obsession

new obsession Senior member

This is probably the best time to mention the fact that I bought a tie from FIH which was recommended to me by someone on this site. A pink and tan stripe. I get complements on it every time I wear it. Thanks Jonathan.

I am a committed customer, and in fact have been procrastinating on a purchase of two more. (Because they are not for me, they are a gift, and the last time I did this, I ended up buying the tie mentioned above and keeping it. I think I am going to make a trip out to the store soon!)

The only reason I hesitate to recommend Jonathan is because you scoundrels will inevitably buy up all the ties I like....... but then again, Jonathan can always recommend another good one.

7. Garfieldthecat

Garfieldthecat Senior member

FIH and Carlo Franco are definitely favorites on this forum, but I hope they blow up big time real soon and receive a huge international following. From what I've heard about their products and customer service, it's just a matter of time.

Seconded

8. Rolo

Rolo Senior member

I'll also jump on the Jonathan bandwagon.

I sent him an email asking about sweaters and quickly received a reply followed up with a phone call (How often does that happen any more?).

Jonathan was about to embark on a short vacation so his solution was to just send me a box of stuff in different sizes, colors and styles. Keep what I like, send back what I didn't. It was a very pleasant experience. Of course, I also bought more than I intended. Just goes to show that good service pays off.

Rolo

9. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

First, some background. I am getting married at the end of October, I am wearing a black suit and needed a tie to complete the look. I also needed ties for three groomsmen. Knew about FIH Ties from the forum and called up Jonathon, as I wanted to see the ties in person.

I live in Manhattan and work in New Jersey, Jonathon picked my fiance and I up from the subway station in Brooklyn and brought us to the store. He pulled a sample white shirt and black jacket and we went through about 40 different options of ties. His taste was spot on and his suggestions were followed.

We ended up with four beautiful ties, two diet cokes and a free ride back to the subway. All in all, a pleasure to deal with and I would highly reccommend the shop.

[​IMG]

Of course, I also bought more than I intended. Just goes to show that good service pays off.

[​IMG]

10. Stu

Stu Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now Jon, no bumping [​IMG]

11. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Now Jon, no bumping [​IMG]

Which smiley should I use to respond to this post, Blush or Devil?

[​IMG]

12. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Jon, can I get 5% off my next tie for this bump?

13. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Jon, can I get 5% off my next tie for this bump?

I'll let you know in a day or two thereby bumping this thread again...