• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My G-Star Jeans? Too big? Or fine?

excellence

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just recently got new jeans.
smile.gif

G-Star Raw Jeans. Straight Fit. Size 30W. 32L.

I was wondering what you guys think of them? I'm worried they look a bit to big on me.
I'm a skinny asian guy.
laugh.gif

I don't think these jeans come in a smaller size... Should I return them? I paid about $240 canadian for them.

jeans1.jpg

I know, I know, my curtains look nasty.. I'm getting them replaced soon. These are just temporary.

Give me some feedback! Please and thanks! It would greatly appreciated.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fine to me though I would like them shorter.

Check out our Streetwear forum (next one down).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the exact same jeans this past weekend in a size 33 x 32. But I weight 180lbs. These jeans are meant to be rather fitting, if not tight, because as the raw denim experts over at the Streetwear will tell you, the jeans will stretch with wear. They do look a bit long too.

If you have access to a G-Star store, I believe they carry raw denim in a slim fit. You should try those, if you can't get a hold of a smaller than 30 size. The slims were too tight for me, and the relaxed fit look fine if I were 8-10 years younger. Since you're smaller and skinnier than I am, you should go for a smaller size or cut, if you don't want the baggy look. But if you like the baggy look, then they're fine. Although, I think the point of buying raw denim is that the jeans will mold and contour to your body such that the creasing effects will naturally occur from that process. If they are too baggy, then I wouldn't think (although I'm not expert) that you won't get the natural wear effect that is expected with raw denim.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's raw denim? The color does not look uniform.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might be right z. I just quickly assumed they were raw since he said G Star Raw Denim, but I should know that's how G Star refers to all of their jeans, not necessarily that this particular pair is raw denim. My bad.

In that case, Excellence, they look okay, not great. I still think you can get a better fit with slim fitting jeans or a smaller size. If you want to be sexy, get jeans that fit a little better.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They probably could look okay, if that's how you like your jeans to fit (looseness-wise). You should try cuffing them though because they are definitely too long. Take up about 2-3" of the length and they will probably look all right.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit too wide at the leg opening, unless you get them hemmed, maybe.

$240 for G-star, though? Where are you from? If Vancouver, I'd return the G-stars and go to Dutil and check out what they have. Or go to your local Holt Renfrew, Nudies should be around that price as well. For $240 you got a BUNCH of better options.

excellence

Reaction score
I bought these at a store called Zoam, in Toronto.
The fit I have are Radar Straight jeans.
The store I bought them from only has in store credit.
frown.gif

They carry only a few brands. I might check out Holt Renfrew later on after I get my G-Stars returned or get a new style/size.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I agree that you could probably do better at that price point, I think they would be fine if you hemmed them a bit...

Reaction score
i had no idea g-star raw put out such expensive jeans

i guess i am only familiar with their lower-tier models as seen at UO

the jeans look decent. the price is high, though.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923
they're a bit baggy for my taste
Speaking of the OP photo, I'd agree that they are in need of some hemming and look rather normal/underwhelming for that price. Speaking of the non-OP photo, while I don't think I could pull it off I do like the look of the anti-fit. Not $200+ like, but like.

excellence

Reaction score
thanks everyone, I got them exchanged for a smaller size and they fit perfect! I love em! Thanks for all the help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads