My Fist Zegna

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrgoblueguy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. mrgoblueguy

mrgoblueguy Senior member

I wore my first zegna tie ever tonight to my Geography class to give my presentation on tehcnology in Europe and Francophone countries and I loved it. The tie felt so nice, looked good, and ties into a perfect know.... Are there any other good tie brands out there?[​IMG]?

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Yes, you will soon learn that Zegna ties are just for beginners around here (just kidding -- a Zegna tie would probably be the third best tie in my closet).

If you are looking on Ebay, I'd say that Talbott Best in Class is a good value and a good tie. If you want pure luxury, go with a seven fold tie. Borrelli's can be found for around $70 on Ebay, with Kitons being too pricey IMO. Hickey Freeman makes a nice tie I think, and can be found cheaply.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I am a big fan of Zegna ties as well. Much more so than other Zegna stuff.

4. EastDevil

EastDevil Member

I would find it extremely snobbish for anyone to be quoting that wearing Zegna ties are a beginner thing.

5. acole

acole Senior member

I do believe johnnynorman was being facetious. goblueguy, if you check out the forum search engine, you'll find several long discussions of tie designers, with many pictures from members' personal collections. Â We probably shouldn't neglect our very own in-house tie mavens: Carlo Franco FIH Ties

6. drljva

drljva Senior member

Surely you'll agree that there's a difference between Zegna's "regular" ties and their Nap. C. ties. I have a dozen or so of the latter, and I'd say they stack-up nicely against my Borrelli's et al.

JV