1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My first suit.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by P3R3, Feb 12, 2007.

1. P3R3

P3R3 Senior member

Go with Half Canvas' recommendation. If you're just starting a career, you'll gain weight within a few months and by another two years' you may have even outgrown this suit. IMO, there's no need to have alterations as it looks very good on you.

Don't know what you were trying to portray with your hands, but it's impossible to see whether the length of the sleeves fit your arm lnegth. When the tie has changed colour, I'm sure you'll be truly transformed into a Prince Charming.

I was trying to imitate Holdfast, but failed. [​IMG]

That was the only tie I had at the time, but dont knock on the lime green. I get lots of compliments on the green tie believe it or now.

2. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

The green tie is fine, imo. It is a nice contrast to the blue suit, and looks good on you. Try not to gain weight, and just bring the suit to a knowledgeable tailor in your area, in all probability he knows what to do with it. Congratulations!

3. P3R3

P3R3 Senior member

The green tie is fine, imo. It is a nice contrast to the blue suit, and looks good on you. Try not to gain weight, and just bring the suit to a knowledgeable tailor in your area, in all probability he knows what to do with it. Congratulations!
    Thanks [​IMG]

4. raley

raley Senior member

How old are you? I'm not too sure I'd go with the "you'll grow into it" advice. It does seem a bit big on the length side and in the chest/shoulders. Maybe that brand runs a bit big, and a 40 would fit you in some brands, but I think you should try to sell it and get a 38.

5. Jared

Jared Senior member

Out of curiousity, P3, have you been in a good suit store and tried on a few sizes? I'm going to add to the chorus which says this is way too big on you, because of discounting I'd flip it rather than store it for a fat day, if I were you. With your age and build especially, you should be wearing your suits tight - like just a touch looser than GetSmart. [​IMG]

6. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Senior member

I wear the same size now at 31 years of age that I did when I was 19. Growing into suits isn't always inevitable.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

You realize that if you have a 39" chest, a 38R suit will probably have a 40-41" chest, so you'll be fine even with a little added weight. A 40R is 42-43" which is why it's so big in the chest, but the bigger problem, IMO, is the shoulders, which aren't even that close.

8. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

Out of curiousity, P3, have you been in a good suit store and tried on a few sizes? I'm going to add to the chorus which says this is way too big on you, because of discounting I'd flip it rather than store it for a fat day, if I were you. With your age and build especially, you should be wearing your suits tight - like just a touch looser than GetSmart. [​IMG]

Agree 100%

It's a OK first suit, but the style may be a little too old for you IMHO.
    Sort of looks like you are wearing your father's suit. It's almost the
    style GWB wears.
    A slim solid blue or gray 3-button or two button with higher button stance with narrower laplels might suit you better.