• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first negative feedback. :(

nairb49

Reaction score
googlecheckout!

No fees until the end of 2007. We should gather up all the fashion forums, and collectively boycott ebay and paypal (well, at least paypal since the alternative to ebay will take some time to get up and running, if ever).

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
It is against policy if it's "excessive." See here.
It's against eBay policy if it looks like they're going to lose money because they don't take a cut out of shipping. They don't care otherwise. I can only hope Google gets around to opening up Google Checkout to individuals and starts an auction service to kill eBay and yahoo.co.jp auctions. It's been a long time coming.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nairb49
googlecheckout!

No fees until the end of 2007. We should gather up all the fashion forums, and collectively boycott ebay and paypal (well, at least paypal since the alternative to ebay will take some time to get up and running, if ever).

Good idea, I'll be accepting both Paypal and Googlecheckout when I sell anything here. Sick of paying an arm and a leg for paypal transactions.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you use Google checkout for individual transactions?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by metkirk
You sign up using this link

So if I want to trasnfer money to another Google account how do I do that?

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
So if I want to trasnfer money to another Google account how do I do that?

I don't know how to transfer money the way you do with Paypal but I'm sure the person you're sending money to can create a buy now button for you. Like I said, I just started my seller account with google checkout, don't know much yet.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen that page before. It's really designed for businesses, not individuals the way Paypal (however badly) is.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nairb49
So, got my first negative feedback on ebay today. I have a total of 60, so its not so bad, but it irks me.

This is just a venting I suppose. I listed my item, and VERY CLEARLY showed the shipping fee of 25USD under shipping. I used CanadaPost, and it ended up being about 12USD actual shipping cost.

The buyer paid, I left positive feedback, and they received the item and wrote me saying they felt the shipping fee was unfair and wanted me to refund some of the money.

I didn't agree with this, since the cost was clearly listed on my listing, and since ebay themselves recommends making some money off shipping, and so I told them I would give them 5USD as good karma.

They didn't reply, and left me negative feedback. Blah.

Why don't you hide handling charges? When customers would check shipping rates on my auctions the handling charge was built in. They couldn't see it and it was added to the auction / shipping.

Also, I've been in similar situations and I told them if they weren't 100% happy to send it back. I'm not playing any games if they can't read the auction. Negotiating after the auction is b.s. It's over and they should know what is expected (and the seller should make clear what's expected - which it sounds like you did) to complete the sale. After the auction is over the seller has agreed to the terms of the auction. I wonder if you could follow up with ebay about it?

Also, Ebay makes such a big deal out of feedback. If people see one or two I think that they find that acceptable. If your feedback in consistently negative, then I think people will find a problem and may avoid you. I wouldn't worry about it. It does suck though, that was inappropriate on their part. I've left positive feedback for things I've bought and weren't the way they should've been but I noted it in their positive feedback comments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads