• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First MTM Shirt - Please Critique from Nialma

wqvong

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my first MTM shirt and would like some advice on how to fine tune it for my next order. Any help would be appreciated. I know the wrist is too big for sure. The shirt hasn't been wash.

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7160.JPG

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7162.JPG

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7164.JPG

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cut the giganto-cuffs off and send them to the guy with the burlap-sack-for-a-pocket Jantzen.

coogie

Reaction score
haha. who the hell measured you? its massive

I would email them the pictures, they have good customer service.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would return it before bothering to wash it. I'm sure you could find something OTR that fits you fine. If you don't have an excessively large neck size or other unusual measurement I don't see why you would even bother with MTM. I have a 17" neck and a 33" waist, so it makes sense to have my shirts made. I've never really seen a MTM shirt look any different than an OTR shirt with minor tailoring on anyone with an average build. I don't know if that comes off as being too blunt, but it's the truth.

wqvong

Reaction score
I took the measurements from mytailor.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people pay MTM prices and wait that long for an OTR fit.

wqvong

Reaction score
Took them less than a week to get this to me. Well is the shoulders measurement correct at least?

Thanks,

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry. looks pretty horrible. measurements are waaay off. Too big for your body. only thing that looks like it fits is the collar, but the collar itself is an issue.

not to mention you don't even take the time to iron the shirt before asking opinions. what's up with the pics rotated 90 degrees? you expect me to turn my head or my monitor?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the shoulders appear slightly big... but it's hard to tell, because everything about the shirt is big. I'm not trying to be rude but I thought the point of MTM was fit, and it simply looks OTR to me, unless you are oddly proportioned and OTR looks different than this on you.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, bud. There isn't one area where the shirt fits well.

The arm pit of the shirt seem to be a good 3-4" away from your arm pit. MTM should be A LOT better than this.

coogie

Reaction score
what measurements did you give them? Did you choose their free shirt deal? take 2 inches off everything?
smile.gif

wqvong

Reaction score
Yes, its a free shirt
smile.gif
i am giong to ask them for another free test shirt. Will take two inches off of everything. Thanks,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads