• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake?

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen some nice fitting Indochino suit at http://www.indochino-review.com/p/user-reviews.html

So I think a eventual proper fitting suit through them is possible.  Just want to give them another chance to fix things up, and see if the suit after remake will fit me better.

I also went through 4 shirts with Modern Tailor to get the my shirt measurements down, that's the nature of online MTM which will take time and patience.  For me, it's all about getting closer and closer to the perfect fit one step at a time.

On the first page of pics on that site there are only like 2 that look passable and I'm only saying that because there is nothing wrong with them, but even those ones are meh even compared to RTW. Im talking about the charcoal, navy blue and maybe one of the "ultimate greys"

StormRider

Reaction score

Hey StormRider,
I'm a bit worried now because I just placed my first order with IC for a suit using the dailyhookup.com coupon and my measurements and height are very similar to yours. When you placed your order, did you email them with any special requests? I emailed them shortly after ordering to tell them I have a very slender build (which is probably already evident in my weight) and asked if the tailor could stay close to my measurements. I also asked for higher arm holes. Hopefully they actually take these requests into consideration. I'll probably have to request a remake if they add 4 or so inches to my jacket measurements.
I emailed them right after placing my order to say I want high armholes, lower button stance, and thin shoulder padding. The CS emailed me back in 8 hours acknowledging they got it. Hope your suit turn out well. My expectation is that the first suit will need to be remade.

StormRider

Reaction score

^ Some of those are supposed to happen. If you have a 40" chest, the chest of your jacket should be bigger than that. You want to be able to move.

My tailor told me she can take off 2 inches off the chest without any pulling. I think I will shoot for 1.5" chest reduction in remake. I will post my remake request once I submit it.

StumpjumperE

Reaction score
I would so like to do an MTM suit (thinking seriously of thick as thieves), but I just don't know if I can take the plunge unless it's done in person. I'm really worried that any suit I order will arrive all jacked up like this one.

StumpjumperE

Reaction score
Are you in LA? Then TaT will measure you in person I think. Or MyTailor, yes? Maybe others can confirm.

No, but going to be in LA late October... I sent them an email to see if we could meet up, I sure hope so!!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

StormRider

Reaction score
The rise is way too high.
Seat looks too big.
Pants way too long.
Can you be more specific like in how many inches?

I actually thought the rise is bit short, but I thought you suggest I decrease it.

Thanks.

StormRider

Reaction score
Just realized I forgot to post an important back view photo.

StormRider

Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Could be a shill site with fake reviews. That appears to be just a link farm anyway. I see it's registered via an anonymous (we don't want you to find us) proxy, just like the indochino site, and most other online "bespoke tailors".

I had the same doubt but later found out it's maintained by a SF regular Lorenzl - http://www.styleforum.net/u/78949/lorenzl.

Looks at his signature: http://www.styleforum.net/t/52943/indochino-suits/2505#post_5711309

I think he's doing a pretty good job keeping things up-to-date.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you be more specific like in how many inches? 
I actually thought the rise is bit short, but I thought you suggest I decrease it.
Thanks.

On the side profile photos, the pants look like they are riding up very high.
This is why I suggested the rise may be too high.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hence the problem with self measurements by people with no experience.

the TaT measurement chart makes no sense to someone who actually has taken suit measurments.

i have not looked at the Indochino method

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Photos can be very deceptive.
People here will tell you pants that are too tight to function in real are "baggy" b/c they see one crease in your photo

You need to understand something about SF: Some people here don't actually dress up.
They are just internet people who never leave their basement and do not own dress clothing.
They are comparing your photos to artificial fashion model fits
(where the pins would pop off if the model bent over or raised his arms, or sat down)
You are dressing in the real world. So, if it feels like it fits, go with it.

Why the hell are you standing on grocery bags? That is the question.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why the hell are you standing on grocery bags? That is the question.

Because his wife spent the money on new white carpeting.
normally she makes him take off his shoes before he steps into that room.

remember, this is the woman who mis-measured him
And if he had dirtied that new carpet, she would cut off his clothing budget.

Now if they had spent less money on the carpet, he could have gone to a store that would have taken proper
measurements and made a suit that fit.
But he thinks His wife took proper measurements, indochino made the mistakes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics