My First Ebay Purchase!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bachbeet, Jun 4, 2005.

1. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

I just bought two suits from Ebay. New designer - Palasso - one a Navy w/ copper pins and the other a dark dark brown w/ blue pins. At $280 each I couldn't resist. I'll let you know when I get them. The good thing about that is that the seller is in Temecula, Ca. Only about 100 miles away. Should get it next week.

2. mrgoblueguy

mrgoblueguy Senior member

Congrats on your first ebay purchase. You will be finding a lot of great items on there. If you could post some pics when you get it, that would be great.

3. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

mrgoblue (I assume you're a Michigan fan): I sold out of those two, but here's one in liauid black that's also very nice. It tempted me but I have enough black in my wardrobe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1

4. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

BTW, what is it with today's fashion trend? It seems I see a lot more 3 button suits for sale in all places, internet, stores, etc. When did it replace the two button? I actually prefer two but I'm fine with 3.

5. nsoltz1

nsoltz1 Member

Appears to be great suit from photos. Never have heard of this designer, though. How does this suit compare to comparable suits in that retail range, such as Zegna (my favorite)? Does anyone know if the line is in a retail location?

Ned Soltz

6. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

nsoltz: Well, the info posted with the suit says it's a new Italian designer that competes with Armani. The pics were very detailed and good ones that showed some good workmanship. I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong. Although the seller says it retails for about 2200, I never believe those claims. Still, it appears to be a great value. Here's a similar Zegna (similar to the dark brown) at another website that is for considerably more $. http://www.execstyle.com/SProducts.asp?pid=1077

7. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Three-button suits actually became hot during the 1990s after a spell of being relatively less fashionable. I've noticed, however, the past year or so that two-button suits seem to be making a comeback in predominance.

I'm a three-button man but I'm cool with either.

As for Palasso, I've never heard of them. You'll have to tell us about the suit once you get it in your hands.