• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My First Ebay Purchase!

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought two suits from Ebay. New designer - Palasso - one a Navy w/ copper pins and the other a dark dark brown w/ blue pins. At $280 each I couldn't resist. I'll let you know when I get them. The good thing about that is that the seller is in Temecula, Ca. Only about 100 miles away. Should get it next week.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Congrats on your first ebay purchase. You will be finding a lot of great items on there. If you could post some pics when you get it, that would be great.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mrgoblue (I assume you're a Michigan fan): I sold out of those two, but here's one in liauid black that's also very nice. It tempted me but I have enough black in my wardrobe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is it with today's fashion trend? It seems I see a lot more 3 button suits for sale in all places, internet, stores, etc. When did it replace the two button? I actually prefer two but I'm fine with 3.

nsoltz1

Reaction score
Appears to be great suit from photos. Never have heard of this designer, though. How does this suit compare to comparable suits in that retail range, such as Zegna (my favorite)? Does anyone know if the line is in a retail location?

Ned Soltz

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nsoltz: Well, the info posted with the suit says it's a new Italian designer that competes with Armani. The pics were very detailed and good ones that showed some good workmanship. I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong. Although the seller says it retails for about 2200, I never believe those claims. Still, it appears to be a great value. Here's a similar Zegna (similar to the dark brown) at another website that is for considerably more $. http://www.execstyle.com/SProducts.asp?pid=1077

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is it with today's fashion trend? It seems I see a lot more 3 button suits for sale in all places, internet, stores, etc. When did it replace the two button? I actually prefer two but I'm fine with 3.
Three-button suits actually became hot during the 1990s after a spell of being relatively less fashionable. I've noticed, however, the past year or so that two-button suits seem to be making a comeback in predominance.

I'm a three-button man but I'm cool with either.

As for Palasso, I've never heard of them. You'll have to tell us about the suit once you get it in your hands.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.