• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Ebay Purchase!

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought two suits from Ebay. New designer - Palasso - one a Navy w/ copper pins and the other a dark dark brown w/ blue pins. At $280 each I couldn't resist. I'll let you know when I get them. The good thing about that is that the seller is in Temecula, Ca. Only about 100 miles away. Should get it next week.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Congrats on your first ebay purchase. You will be finding a lot of great items on there. If you could post some pics when you get it, that would be great.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mrgoblue (I assume you're a Michigan fan): I sold out of those two, but here's one in liauid black that's also very nice. It tempted me but I have enough black in my wardrobe: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is it with today's fashion trend? It seems I see a lot more 3 button suits for sale in all places, internet, stores, etc. When did it replace the two button? I actually prefer two but I'm fine with 3.

nsoltz1

Reaction score
Appears to be great suit from photos. Never have heard of this designer, though. How does this suit compare to comparable suits in that retail range, such as Zegna (my favorite)? Does anyone know if the line is in a retail location?

Ned Soltz

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nsoltz: Well, the info posted with the suit says it's a new Italian designer that competes with Armani. The pics were very detailed and good ones that showed some good workmanship. I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong. Although the seller says it retails for about 2200, I never believe those claims. Still, it appears to be a great value. Here's a similar Zegna (similar to the dark brown) at another website that is for considerably more $. http://www.execstyle.com/SProducts.asp?pid=1077

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is it with today's fashion trend? It seems I see a lot more 3 button suits for sale in all places, internet, stores, etc. When did it replace the two button? I actually prefer two but I'm fine with 3.
Three-button suits actually became hot during the 1990s after a spell of being relatively less fashionable. I've noticed, however, the past year or so that two-button suits seem to be making a comeback in predominance.

I'm a three-button man but I'm cool with either.

As for Palasso, I've never heard of them. You'll have to tell us about the suit once you get it in your hands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads