1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

My First EBay Purchase - Update

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by bachbeet, Jun 8, 2005.

1. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

Last week I purchased two Palasso suits from the Wizard of Ahhs on Ebay. I was hesitant before to use ebay but after reading some of your comments, I decided to give it a try. Thanks so much for your encouragement because I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

The suits are terrific. His pics on his site are very detailed and give one a very good idea what they will look like. Even so, I think they look even better in reality. One is Navy with copper pins. The other is dark brown with blue pins. Both are superb. Super 130s. Pleats on the pants which I love. And besom pockets on the side, which I also love and am glad I have this variety in my wardrobe. Zanella makes their Jesse model with besoms. His service was excellent and fast delivery. I live only about 100 miles away from him and got them in one day from time of shipment.

I also received two shirts from Joseph Bank. I realized I don't have enough white ones so I looked at their site and found them on sale for $60. Got a twill and a herringbone. They fit great. Really good deal. I have Tyrwhitt herringbones where the pattern is more distinct and I prefer that. But I also appreciate this more subtle one because it's nice to have some variety. The twill is more distinct and it is great. I am totally pleased with these purchases too.

2. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Palasso suit says it's hand tailored. Can you tell me what part of the suit is hand tailored? From the look of it, it looks VERY machine made. Is it even canvased?

Thanks

3. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

Milano: Sorry, can't help you there. I just know I love 'em.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I've never heard of Palasso. Judging from the pictures and without examining the suit in person, I tend to agree with MilanoStyle that the suit is fused and with questionable quality.

The most important thing is that you love'em. So enjoy.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I emailed someone selling Palasso suits several months back, and asked the same question. He replied that they are fused but that "no one canvasses suits anymore." Also listed the retail price in the $2k range. I took a pass, but as with anything, if bachbeet is happy with and looks good in his new suit, that's half the battle. Attitude people, attitude.

Tom