Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My First Bespoke Experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by renceli, May 8, 2013.

1. renceli

renceli New Member

So I recently decided to upgrade my wardrobe to something a bit more mature. I was in the debate about getting a shirt MTM or bespoke. It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go to ahead and check out Isaac Ely Bespoke in Toronto.

The experience was unparalleled. The fact that a shirt is made just for you from scratch is an amazing feeling, and I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a chance.

After an initial appointment to measure me up, I got to select a fabric of my choice and had my own paper pattern made. I opted for a clean and simple fabric, which Isaac helped me choose to match my overall style. After two more fittings and adjustments, I received the final product. I liked how I was able to see my shirt being made in-house at Ely's workshop throughout the whole process.

The detail and most importantly, fit, is like no other shirt in my wardrobe. Needless to say, from now on I will be going bespoke for most of my wardrobe needs. Next on the list is a 3-piece suit. Definitely would recommend Isaac if you're ever in Toronto or surrounding area. Anyone else with a good first experience?

Here's some pictures, let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Extra room on the left wrist for my watch.

2. Davidof

Davidof Member

Do they have any website and what is their price? i am currently looking for some good MTM shirts as OTR does not fit me well. I am a thin guy for them.

3. renceli

renceli New Member

I have the same problem, too thin for a medium/large, too big for a small. Their website is isaacely.com and the prices (I believe) start around $300 depending on style/fabric. Definitely give them a call as Isaac was very friendly and approachable throughout the process.

Last edited: May 8, 2013