My First Bespoke Experience

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by renceli, May 8, 2013.

1. renceli

renceli New Member

So I recently decided to upgrade my wardrobe to something a bit more mature. I was in the debate about getting a shirt MTM or bespoke. It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go to ahead and check out Isaac Ely Bespoke in Toronto.

The experience was unparalleled. The fact that a shirt is made just for you from scratch is an amazing feeling, and I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a chance.

After an initial appointment to measure me up, I got to select a fabric of my choice and had my own paper pattern made. I opted for a clean and simple fabric, which Isaac helped me choose to match my overall style. After two more fittings and adjustments, I received the final product. I liked how I was able to see my shirt being made in-house at Ely's workshop throughout the whole process.

The detail and most importantly, fit, is like no other shirt in my wardrobe. Needless to say, from now on I will be going bespoke for most of my wardrobe needs. Next on the list is a 3-piece suit. Definitely would recommend Isaac if you're ever in Toronto or surrounding area. Anyone else with a good first experience?

Here's some pictures, let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Extra room on the left wrist for my watch.

2. Davidof

Davidof Member

Do they have any website and what is their price? i am currently looking for some good MTM shirts as OTR does not fit me well. I am a thin guy for them.

3. renceli

renceli New Member

I have the same problem, too thin for a medium/large, too big for a small. Their website is isaacely.com and the prices (I believe) start around $300 depending on style/fabric. Definitely give them a call as Isaac was very friendly and approachable throughout the process.

Last edited: May 8, 2013