• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first bespoke briefcase, i need feedback!

Jim Profit

Reaction score
I will now take the plunge and ordered my first bespoke briefcase. I will use this model (pic below) as a starting point. But I will make it smaller. now it is 43x32x19 cm, and since I already have a large brown briefcase and need a smaller black for more conservative events, I thought to make it 43x32x12 cm

So now I need your feedback. Do you think it is something that I have missed that are important to consider?

I thought about adding the ability to use a shoulder strap and a magazine pocket on the back. and i will also change the size of the front pockets so thay will be in harmony with the slimmer siluet.

When you nurture your briefcases what do you do? I thought about using Bick 4 leather conditioner because I'm afraid Saphir Renovatur is too strong, and will remove to mutch pigment of the briefcase?

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Bumping this thread. It would have been fun to hear some opinions of what you think, 87 people have read but no comments.

Come on guys :slayer:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't like the design. For a conservative briefcase, it is best to not show any pockets in the front and straps. Leather wise, I only like British bridle, not only it is care-free, but stiffer.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the fastening method to start... and the pockets in the front as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads