1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My first Berluti

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hedonist222, Nov 21, 2015.

1. hedonist222

hedonist222 Senior member

Hello everyone

I was initially going to acquire an Allesandro but the Andy in demesures caught my eye. I wear a size 10.5 UK which is 11 US I think.
    Such a beauty. A sight for sore eyes.
    I learned 2 things that day though.
    Firstly, newer models have started coming in darker colors.
    I noticed this because I am sorta (very) anal. I want a perfect item. So I asked the SA to bring out all Andys in brown in my size. There were 2 shades. A very dark and a light'ish.
    When I inquired about how this was, the SA said that newer models are coming in darker colors. When I asked how he know they were new, he said by the batch code on the inside of the shoe. Mine is from 2013 or 2012. These were lighter. The ones from 2014 and 2015 were darker.
    The batch code is 4 digits
    The first and third digits correspond to month and second and fourth the year.
    Finding matching socks was a nightmare.

The west match socks to pants

So socks are available in the usual color of pants.
    Black, grey, charcoal, navy blue...
    This color of brown doesn't seem common for pants.

We match socks to shoes with what we wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator