• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Berluti

hedonist222

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I was initially going to acquire an Allesandro but the Andy in demesures caught my eye. I wear a size 10.5 UK which is 11 US I think.
Such a beauty. A sight for sore eyes.
I learned 2 things that day though.
Firstly, newer models have started coming in darker colors.
I noticed this because I am sorta (very) anal. I want a perfect item. So I asked the SA to bring out all Andys in brown in my size. There were 2 shades. A very dark and a light'ish.
When I inquired about how this was, the SA said that newer models are coming in darker colors. When I asked how he know they were new, he said by the batch code on the inside of the shoe. Mine is from 2013 or 2012. These were lighter. The ones from 2014 and 2015 were darker.
The batch code is 4 digits
The first and third digits correspond to month and second and fourth the year.
Finding matching socks was a nightmare.

The west match socks to pants

So socks are available in the usual color of pants.
Black, grey, charcoal, navy blue...
This color of brown doesn't seem common for pants.

We match socks to shoes with what we wear.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads