• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Final Four: Shoes With Cords and Moleskins

Lawman

Reaction score
Ashdown seems to have it. Does anyone have this shoe?

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have the RL version in brown cordovan. Great looking and very versatile shoe. I have to admit, I never understood the fuss over cordovan, but I'm really starting to dig the creases.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I also have the RL version in brown cordovan. Great looking and very versatile shoe. I have to admit, I never understood the fuss over cordovan, but I'm really starting to dig the creases.
I have the RL version, too. It's a great shoe that has aged and rippled well in the 3 or 4 years that I've had it.

Lawman

Reaction score
Where can you find the RL version? I didn't see it on their site.

redtree00

Reaction score
Coming from someone with big feet, I would stay away from the plain round toe derby.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
Unfortunately, I don't believe they have carried it for about a year or so.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede is not an option?

I like choice #1 (C&J) the best, I would also consider something like this:

153H_enlarged.jpg

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=522

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman

You can get it through their stores. Even if they don't carry it in inventory, they can order it. The Detroit RL store does not carry the best inventory of shoes, but they have a catalog that has all of the RL shoe offerings. I'd assume all of the RL stores have the same catalog.

Looking at P. Lal it looks like, at current exchange rates, the Ashdown (which is burgandy) is about $560. The RL Marlow (brown) is $700. If you can catch a 20% off sale at RL, they'd be the same price. Just a thought, and I have no idea when the next RL sale is, but that would make both color options available at the same price.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics