• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My favorite shirts

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chemises.jpg

tdial

Reaction score
Top left shirt look like farmer. Bottom right look like table cloth. Why 3 blue shirt? You a stewardess?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top left shirt look like farmer. Bottom right look like table cloth. Why 3 blue shirt? You a stewardess?
Maybe I am being Brazen here but I thnk that I speak tfor the bulk of members here.

I think that where you saw the fork in the road that said GQ Forum Left and StyleForum.net right...You should have gone left.

This is not the forum for making fun of people if you dont like what they like. This is a true Genlemen's forum, where people share ideas and tastes and dont have to worry about others ridiculing them.

The maturity level here is well...Lets say that there is Maturity here. If your intention is to insult, you will find many of your ilk in the GQ forum and I suggest that you frequent that if you dont already.

JJF

tdial

Reaction score
Maybe I am being Brazen here but I thnk that I speak tfor the bulk of members here. I think that where you saw the fork in the road that said GQ Forum Left and StyleForum.net right...You should have gone left. This is not the forum for making fun of people if you dont like what they like. Â This is a true Genlemen's forum, where people share ideas and tastes and dont have to worry about others ridiculing them. The maturity level here is well...Lets say that there is Maturity here. Â If your intention is to insult, you will find many of your ilk in the GQ forum and I suggest that you frequent that if you dont already. JJF
You obviously didn't get the joke. I was giving Monsieur Ernest a taste of his own medicine, but responding to his post in the same exact manner that he responds to others posts. I suppose the joke was lost on you, which is a shame, because I think even Ernest/Dug would say that it was pretty funny.

FCS

Reaction score
FIH, did you notice how Ernest usually respond to people?

Oh yeah, that line was funny. Still laughing as I'm typing this.

Lint Brush

Reaction score
FIHTies:

Comedy shouldn't be dissected, of course, but tdial's parody of Ernest's usual abrupt critiques was spot-on. If you do a search, you'll see what I mean.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The top left one is very bold, perhaps too bold for me to wear. But I like the other shirts, and I don't like Ernest (or his posts, his innuendos, his taking his personal opinion as fact, etc...), so what does that tell you?

I love H&K shirts and he just happens to own some. Does he make / own H&K? No. So if we are going to attack something, let's attack the person, not their clothes, after all his manners are not the fault of his clothes.

Jon.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I humbly apologize.

Its actually the kind of thing that I see on the GQ forum and was distressed to see it here.

It actually explains things to me as I am still waiting for ernest to thank me for explaining how to post pix directly to the forum.

Sorry again.

JJF

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how the H & K shirts have that stitching on the collars and on the french cuffs that sorts of makes the edges of the fabric "pucker up" a little bit -- it really accentuates the line of the collar/cuffs. How exactly do they do that, or is the website just playing tricks on my eyes?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are free to think what you want...

But please do not be hypocrit/ironic like you are here but say what you think .

Favorite means what I prefer. That means all my shirts are not on the picture that's why you see only blue, do you understand?

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I humbly apologize.

Its actually the kind of thing that I see on the GQ forum and was distressed to see it here.

It actually explains things to me as I am still waiting for ernest to thank me for explaining how to post pix directly to the forum.

Sorry again.

JJF
Thanks

I already thanks you by private message but if you want I thanks you HERE.

I do not know if the forum thanks you because I will post pictures...

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally find H&K quite boring (pattern wise), and the fit way too baggy. I much prefer the Italians (and of course Charvet) with a more fitted silhouette, mind-blowing fabrics, and truly sublime patterns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads