• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My face skin tone is way too red, how to fix this?

stylemeup

Reaction score
The skin tone of my face is extremely red at all times.

I am a white person and other than my face, I have extremely pale skin. If I hold up my arm to next to my face, it looks extremely ridiculous at how pale white my arm is, yet super red my face is.

I have a lot of acne scarring on my face from when I was a teenager and had severe acne. Is that what's causing my face being red all the time, or is it something else?

Why is my face skin tone red all the time?

How do I fix this? I want my face to be just as white pale as all the rest of my skin, instead of red.

Taxler

Reaction score
If your face is as red as you say, then you need to see a dermatologist for a professional opinion. In some cases, it means you have thin skin and the blood vessels are close to the surface; not much to do other than treat it gently and learn to be happy as you are.

poetic

Reaction score
Actually judging by this situation it could be a number of things.
This is my best guess.
You probably had no pink before the period of acne?
My guess, you were probably on a 4th level of prescription, possibly a version of accutane.
generally after accutane people experience the 'red face' you are describing however it usually goes away gradually.
It could actually turn to rosacea which is not uncommon with patients on accutane.
Anyways you should look up rosacea and see if you have commenalities.
Ultimately you should go to a dermatologist to seek a prescription that will help.

genraidar

Reaction score
It's just an evolutionary feature from white skin. There's nothing wrong with it--normal, even. I am white but not quite the palest of whites, but my knuckles and places on my hands get red really easily even when I haven't been doing anything with them.

Just remember your ancestors needed that white skin in the cold north many thousands of years ago
wink.gif

poetic

Reaction score
perhaps, but this isn't evolutionary considering how fast it has happend.
This is not a gradual change, this is most likely a result from medications and treatment that has been undergone during his period of "severe acne"

newham100

Reaction score
Hi - I noticed you made a post in January re your pink/red face compared with a pale body.

I am new to this forum, and was wondering whether you have found out what can be done about this (have you seen a dermatologist or something?)

The reason I ask is because I have exactly the same problem - It is so bad that I don't leave my house (when I HAVE to I make sure that the rest of my body skin is covered up, so that you can't really notice the difference - though the neck is on show
frown.gif
)

I too had (actually still have) acne, but I have noticed that this problem has only been apparent (at least this severe) for the past 18 months or so.

My e-mail is [email protected] - I would like to send you a photo (and perhaps one of yourself?) to illustrate the degree of my problem - would that be o.k?

I look forward to hearing from you - Natalie*

Taxler

Reaction score
If the probelm is bad enough to keep you from leaving the house or appearing in public, you need to get a real doctors advice- not internet advice.

Dane

Reaction score
As someone else mentioned, it could be rosacea, which would require you to see a dermatologist. Most people who have it don't even know, and often use products that aggrevate their skin and make it worse.

Until then, use a gentle cleanser (like Cetaphil) and a physical sunscreen (using only zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide as the active ingredients).

And don't send people on the Internet your picture please...

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
If the probelm is bad enough to keep you from leaving the house or appearing in public, you need to get a real doctors advice- not internet advice.

yah, honestly, go to a dermatologist.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
be happy with who you are. if it's something that genuinely bothers you, head to a dermatologist and get a professional opinion and figure out your options.

but hey, atleast you're not this guy:
42029834mt6.jpg

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler

This x1000

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
I have the same problem even though i am not a "white" guy..I started using Clinique anti redness cream and it helps.

I would love it if other people would give their insight if they have this same problem of fukn rosacea.

youdee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylemeup
The skin tone of my face is extremely red at all times. I am a white person and other than my face, I have extremely pale skin. If I hold up my arm to next to my face, it looks extremely ridiculous at how pale white my arm is, yet super red my face is. I have a lot of acne scarring on my face from when I was a teenager and had severe acne. Is that what's causing my face being red all the time, or is it something else? Why is my face skin tone red all the time? How do I fix this? I want my face to be just as white pale as all the rest of my skin, instead of red.
It could be acne, irritation or rosacea. I've written an article about how to treat red skin and product suggestions here. Facial redness is something you can definately lessen, if not get rid of entirely.

Zaoldyeck

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's Rosacea.

i went on a 6 month course of Accutane and i've been experiencing facial redness ever since I stopped the course. The redness has faded but it's still visible and I've learnt that it's a common 'side-effect' of Accutane. Nothing you can do really, time will/might make it better but you should know it takes a long time when it comes to Acne/Rosacea. Try not to exfoliate as much and use a gentle moisturizer, keep out of the sun and use warm tepid water to wash your face.

Crystal79

Reaction score
I have the same problem.....I get hot easy, my skin flushes all over. It's embarrassing and people notice because they comment on it. I hate it. I feel my face and chest and neck get real hot and I feel the redness coming on. I have an appt to see a dermatologist next month on the 15th. I hope there is something they can do, I can't live like this anymore. It has caused me anxiety all the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads