• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My english teacher do not know brioni....

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, he was wearing a not ironed purple shirt with dots...

fareau

Reaction score
Good Heavens.

The unmitigated gall of this fellow.

What does he think this is, clown school?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My own English teachers/profs were always among the best, or at least most interestingly dressed academics I've met, surpassed only by one history teacher in high school who had an extremely extensive collection of tweed suits.

A wrinkled, purple polka dot shirt still would have been a possibility, though, and no Brioni.

EDIT: fareau, haha. Going to clown college is a lifelong dream...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DOES not.....

Sorry for him...he may not be so good teacher neither.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your teacher is an intelligent, respectful gentleman, he will walk into the next class wearing custom Kiton. If he does not, you should curse him.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
How did the topic of Brioni arise in an English class?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Becuase you know, all academics have a minimum wardrobe of Gucci at least.

Although for certain liberal arts colleges that may be true.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you should curse him anyway. that's what we english-speaking types like to do to each other for fun.

anyway: kiton, brioni - these are italian things. better he should wear a chester barrie jacket.

with some breeches.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your teacher is an intelligent, respectful gentleman, he will walk into the next class wearing custom Kiton. If he does not, you should curse him.
I think I will rather change my language school for my next cours.

regularjoe

Reaction score
(bigbadbuff @ 14 Sep. 2004, 3:53) If your teacher is an intelligent, respectful gentleman, he will walk into the next class wearing custom Kiton. If he does not, you should curse him.
I think I will rather change my language school for my next cours.
You'll be changing language schools a lot.

dorian

Reaction score
Seriously, Ernest.... Get over your label snobbery. Un cours, il se traduit à <coursE>
wink.gif

kidkim2

Reaction score
Academic dress--ah, yes. . . .  

I'll never forget the visiting lecturer who taught a summer-long seminar without once changing his clothes.  He came to the first session in a bright blue madras sportcoat that had obviously been slept in for weeks.  Portions of this extraordinary garment were already unrecognizable, with immense jet black stains at the collar and under the arms.  The sweat-stiffened lapels and coattails were accordion-pleated by random, razor-sharp creases, revealing great patches of lining.  Surely, one thought, such damage could result from nothing but the most purposeful, painstaking, malign intent.

Need I add that this guy was one of the three or four most distinguished scholars in his field?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would flip out if any of high school teachers know what 'Brioni' is.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll never forget the visiting lecturer who taught a summer-long seminar without once changing his clothes. He came to the first session in a bright blue madras sportcoat that had obviously been slept in for weeks. Portions of this extraordinary garment were already unrecognizable, with immense jet black stains at the collar and under the arms. The sweat-stiffened lapels and coattails were accordion-pleated by random, razor-sharp creases, revealing great patches of lining. Surely, one thought, such damage could result from nothing but the most purposeful, painstaking, malign intent.

No way..

Did anyone catch that thread on ask andy, wherein the dot com genius had written into his contract that he could come to work in a bathrobe? That was classic...

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Kidding here - my first job after grad school I worked in high tech on a 4-building campus. Suits had to stay in bldgs A and B and were absolutely not allowed in D where I was (R &amp; D department - parallel supercomputing design group) where shoes were quite literally optional, rollerblades common in the hallways and cutoff shorts common.

...average salary in that building??? $200K+

Oh dear... I just came out of the closet and revealed that I was once a geek.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads