• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Dress Shoes are half a size too big, what can i do?

ninja_van1sh

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I bought some dress shoes, Lambertson Truex's, and I swear they fit perfectly in the store. Maybe I was bloated that day, who knows. Either way, is there anything I can do to get them a bit more snug around my foot? They are not loose at all, just not snug.

Thanks!

J

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use Special Flowers

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take them to your cobbler and have them modified to fit like BoO.

Or just return them and buy shoes that fit properly. I have tried cramming insoles and heel pads and other odd contraptions into my shoes to make them fit, and it never works out well.

And for future reference: This is a dumb thread.

ninja_van1sh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Take them to your cobbler and have them modified to fit like BoO. Or just return them and buy shoes that fit properly. I have tried cramming insoles and heel pads and other odd contraptions into my shoes to make them fit, and it never works out well. And for future reference: This is a dumb thread.
it sure is. thanks anyhow

Doctor

Reaction score
Put an insole or orthotic in. I swear by this method. You may find there's a bit of extra room in the toe, but at least you'll be wearing them and they won't be coming off. The insole will be nice and soft as well
wink.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 on the insole. get those gel pad soles, those are thick bastards.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
keep kicking a wooden board until your feet are swollen again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads