• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Double Breasted Chan

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, it feels great to be home. I know I posted these images over at the temp Style Forum, it just seemed right to bring them back where they belong. FYI, this is the double breasted suit I ordered during the November tour. It's in a 10oz VBC 120s.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not a lot to find fault with there. The sleeves might be a tad short. I would not button both the middle and the top buttons. Other that, it's a damned fine looking suit. I like the besom pockts. Really works with that cut and cloth.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Nah, they're actually flap pockets.
Ah, yes, I see them now.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Not a lot to find fault with there. The sleeves might be a tad short. I would not button both the middle and the top buttons. Other that, it's a damned fine looking suit. I like the besom pockts. Really works with that cut and cloth.

How far down should the suit sleeves be in relation to your wrist bone? I'm trying to get the suit sleeve/shirt sleeve length as close to perfect as I can.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Can you wear a 10oz fabric in Galveston for anything other than those three days in January when it dips below 72?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Looks good. Can you wear a 10oz fabric in Galveston for anything other than those three days in January when it dips below 72?

The ubiquity of central air in these subtropical climes makes a 10oz bearable, even in those months when the thermometer doesn't drop below 80. That said, it'll probably get less wear in the summer months, especially on those days when I have to do a fair amount of walking.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking suit! One of the better Chan's I've seen.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically enough, I think you can get away with mid-weight suits better for Texas summers than you can for NYC summers. A/C here leaves much to be desired and while you probably only have to walk from your air conditioned office to your air conditioned car, it's difficult to avoid having to walk several blocks or stand on a sweltering subway platform.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Ironically enough, I think you can get away with mid-weight suits better for Texas summers than you can for NYC summers. A/C here leaves much to be desired and while you probably only have to walk from your air conditioned office to your air conditioned car, it's difficult to avoid having to walk several blocks or stand on a sweltering subway platform.

Testify, brother. The one year I lived in the Greater Philadelphia area (acutally Lesser Delaware, but that's nit-picking), I had to slog it out in the middle of a very hot summer. Every place my young bride and I went was barely air-conditioned, and even the lightest mohair seemed like a 20 oz. tweed.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
The sleeves might be a tad short.

First time I've ever heard that said of a Chan garment! You must have leaned pretty hard on Patrick to get them that short, Gent!

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
First time I've ever heard that said of a Chan garment! You must have leaned pretty hard on Patrick to get them that short, Gent!

Well, it's not like I got medieval on his ass.
smile.gif

Truth be told, I was wearing cufflinks that day that allow for a slightly looser cuff, causing the shirt to fall a bit lower down the wrist than usual.

Some of you may remember the results of my first Chan visit--sleeves that were dramatically too long. Here's the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...highlight=Chan

After Patrick adroitly repaired that damage, my subsequent two suits haven't needed any adjustment in the sleeve department.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like Chan is doing right by you. Nice suit.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice, I especially like the pocket square , plus I love DB suits and I see so few of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads