1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Double Breasted Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Thanks. If I remember correctly, it was $970.

That's really an incredible price for such a gorgeous suit. The cut and fabric seem to be top-notch.

2. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

This is the nicest looking Chan suit I've seen. I've been trying to talk myself out of meeting up with Patrick in some city close to Vancouver next tour, figuring I'll eventually make it to HK or Shanghai on business and then be able to do multiple fittings. But I think I want one sooner now.

3. pgoat

pgoat Senior member

beautiful suit, great fit!

thanks for posting those!

4. Flagrant

Flagrant Well-Known Member

Love it. Great look. Beautiful, well-fitting suit, nice shirt, elegant tie, and just a splash of interest in the pocket square. Very well put together. Kudos.

5. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

A renewed thanks for the positive comments. Of my three Chan suits, this is unquestionably my favorite.

I was a bit reluctant to take the double-breasted plunge with Chan, because I hadn't yet seen an example of their attempt at a DB. So successful was this effort that it's put me in something of a quandary. As I indicated in a previous post, I'm ordering a blazer from Chan through e-mail, using my measurements on file. I had intended to order a SB blazer, but this has started me thinking about a DB. Still I know a SB would likely be more versatile. Thoughts?

6. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Great suit! If I were to pick nits, I'd point out that the left sleeve might be a touch shorter than the right, and the top button might be pulling...then again, that could very well be your posture or the way the fabric is sitting for these pics.

Who says skinny men shouldn't wear DB? Or is it just the 4x2 that's bad. I have a DB 6x2 in my future, admittedly my very distant future, but it's there calling me.

I've said this before, but it only refers to some suits with broader peak lapels. David Hyde Pierce, from Frasier, wore some like this earlier in the show's run, and they looked a bit awkward. VG's suit, however, looks fantastic on him - he rocks the DB!

7. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

A renewed thanks for the positive comments. Of my three Chan suits, this is unquestionably my favorite.

I was a bit reluctant to take the double-breasted plunge with Chan, because I hadn't yet seen an example of their attempt at a DB. So successful was this effort that it's put me in something of a quandary. As I indicated in a previous post, I'm ordering a blazer from Chan through e-mail, using my measurements on file. I had intended to order a SB blazer, but this has started me thinking about a DB. Still I know a SB would likely be more versatile. Thoughts?

DB blue blazer would be the way to go.