1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Double Breasted Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Wow, it feels great to be home. I know I posted these images over at the temp Style Forum, it just seemed right to bring them back where they belong. FYI, this is the double breasted suit I ordered during the November tour. It's in a 10oz VBC 120s.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not a lot to find fault with there. The sleeves might be a tad short. I would not button both the middle and the top buttons. Other that, it's a damned fine looking suit. I like the besom pockts. Really works with that cut and cloth.

3. Vintage Gent

I like the besom pockts. Really works with that cut and cloth.

Nah, they're actually flap pockets, with exceptional pattern matching. Still, thanks for the good words.

4. Manton

Nah, they're actually flap pockets.
    Ah, yes, I see them now.

5. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not a lot to find fault with there. The sleeves might be a tad short. I would not button both the middle and the top buttons. Other that, it's a damned fine looking suit. I like the besom pockts. Really works with that cut and cloth.

How far down should the suit sleeves be in relation to your wrist bone? I'm trying to get the suit sleeve/shirt sleeve length as close to perfect as I can.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Looks good. Can you wear a 10oz fabric in Galveston for anything other than those three days in January when it dips below 72?

7. Vintage Gent

Looks good. Can you wear a 10oz fabric in Galveston for anything other than those three days in January when it dips below 72?

The ubiquity of central air in these subtropical climes makes a 10oz bearable, even in those months when the thermometer doesn't drop below 80. That said, it'll probably get less wear in the summer months, especially on those days when I have to do a fair amount of walking.

8. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Great looking suit! One of the better Chan's I've seen.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Ironically enough, I think you can get away with mid-weight suits better for Texas summers than you can for NYC summers. A/C here leaves much to be desired and while you probably only have to walk from your air conditioned office to your air conditioned car, it's difficult to avoid having to walk several blocks or stand on a sweltering subway platform.

10. Vintage Gent

Ironically enough, I think you can get away with mid-weight suits better for Texas summers than you can for NYC summers. A/C here leaves much to be desired and while you probably only have to walk from your air conditioned office to your air conditioned car, it's difficult to avoid having to walk several blocks or stand on a sweltering subway platform.

Testify, brother. The one year I lived in the Greater Philadelphia area (acutally Lesser Delaware, but that's nit-picking), I had to slog it out in the middle of a very hot summer. Every place my young bride and I went was barely air-conditioned, and even the lightest mohair seemed like a 20 oz. tweed.

11. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

The sleeves might be a tad short.

First time I've ever heard that said of a Chan garment! You must have leaned pretty hard on Patrick to get them that short, Gent!

12. Vintage Gent

First time I've ever heard that said of a Chan garment! You must have leaned pretty hard on Patrick to get them that short, Gent!

Well, it's not like I got medieval on his ass. [​IMG]

Truth be told, I was wearing cufflinks that day that allow for a slightly looser cuff, causing the shirt to fall a bit lower down the wrist than usual.

Some of you may remember the results of my first Chan visit--sleeves that were dramatically too long. Here's the thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...highlight=Chan

After Patrick adroitly repaired that damage, my subsequent two suits haven't needed any adjustment in the sleeve department.

13. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks like Chan is doing right by you. Nice suit.

14. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Looks very nice, I especially like the pocket square , plus I love DB suits and I see so few of them.

15. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Excellent suit VG. How many suits by Chan do you own?

16. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

I like it. Very nice tailoring. How much did this run you?

One of these days, I'm getting a DB 4x2... I don't care if anyone says skinny men shouldn't wear them.

17. thinman

thinman Senior member

One of these days, I'm getting a DB 4x2... I don't care if anyone says skinny men shouldn't wear them.

Who says skinny men shouldn't wear DB? Or is it just the 4x2 that's bad. I have a DB 6x2 in my future, admittedly my very distant future, but it's there calling me.

18. Manton

Who says skinny men shouldn't wear DB?
    No one of whom I am aware.

19. Vintage Gent

Thanks. If I remember correctly, it was $970.

20. Vintage Gent

Excellent suit VG. How many suits by Chan do you own?
    Thanks. This is my third Chan suit.