• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My December plans for New York City!!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, made it to the month of december!! Things here in Iraq have been pretty boring lately, and I'm looking forward to getting away to the big city, followed by a visit to my family in the midwest.

Here's what i have on the schedule for first two days in new york-- what do you think? I'm planning to do this trip up pretty big, won't be back there for a while.

+ Arrive in the city around 5PM. Check into hotel and head to Barneys/ Barneys coop on madison ave. Buy a cool sportcoat, shirt, and possibly a new pair of jeans (if they can tailor the length in about an hour). Thinking maybe a dolce and gabbana black or blue sportcoat, not sure. Need these clothes to hit dinner and the club later. probably stop by Lobb next door for a wallet or other small gift i can stick in my own xmas stocking deep in the heart of the midwest on Xmas day, and claim Santa left it for me.
+ Hit my appointment at Truman's, for a sharp haircut, etc.
+ back to the hotel to clean up, and hit a late dinner reservation at about 830PM (trying to snag a reservation for the Kobe Club, for a good steak while sitting under the suspended samurai swords in the restaurant)
+ my CC is trying to get me on the guest list for Cain, an interestin' club in Chelsea. Anyone been there/ thoughts, reviews?

Next day, I have an appointment with Pierre Lenis at Bergdorf Goodman, to select cloth for a Brioni suit (will take 8 weeks, but I'll be back in the middle east for that time, so no problem waiting!).

After Bergdorf, planning to take my recently purchased Oxxford Radcliff suit to the Oxxford flagship on 5th avenue for tailoring and functional sleeve buttons, to be shipped to my USA address once complete. Really looking forward to seeing this suit, 2 button radcliff cut, double vents, flat front pants, in 9oz navy blue serge wool super 130s.

Other than that, dinner at the 21club then Broadway show of "the Grinch," lunch at the Modern (if avail, looks pretty busy), dinner at Bryant Park grill after enjoying the winter-village in bryant park.

Jeez, I wish I could do this kind of trip every year-- or hell, even every 5 years!! But, I think this is the only time i'll ever be able to do it up large like this, thank God for tax exemption
laugh.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! Plan on spending a bit of extra time at Bryant Park, they have a great Feste de Noel set up there, lots of cool shops. There is a great ice rink there as well, but don't risk it in a suit!
laugh.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
Buy a cool sportcoat, Thinking maybe a dolce and gabbana. Need these clothes to hit dinner and the club later.
Aren't you packing any clothes? D&G?

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
appointment with Pierre Lenis at Bergdorf Goodman, to select cloth for a Brioni suit .

Why not go straight to the Brioni flagship?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was hoping to meet up with fellow forumites between 730 and 11, if you guys are still available on the 19th. did anyone choose a good place to meet? looks like my reservation for kobe club might not pan out, so i might just grab something simple that night.

+ I thought bergdorf would be more fun than the brioni flagship, as I'm thinking the flagship will be a little too stuffy and pretentious for me-- always had a good experience at bergdorf, tho. service and attention have always been top shelf, and the variety of labels in the store makes it more fun to browse around for me.

+ clothes i am bringing to NYC will be in a small backpack!!
smile.gif
a tweed jacket, black dress shirt, pebble grained ferragamo laceups, and a pair of cool jeans. i figured if i was going to try getting into a club like Cain around 1030-11, I'd better get something slick-- also, would like to have one jacket that is geared more for clubs than handstitched-- i figured maybe dolce and gabanna, paul smith, or something similar might fit the bill!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so, anyone want to take charge of where to meet on the 19th of December in NYC? I guess the best time to meet would be....8PM. I'm staying on central park, but can meet most anywhere i think.

Russ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads