My clothing line

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Twin85, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Twin85

Twin85 Member

hey guys,i visit the forum a lot, dont post very often, I am a college student, and recently a buddy and I started our own clothing line, they are upscale mens tshirts, wanted to know what you thought and if you could think of any stores that might carry stuff like this, our website is www.rocknclothing.com.

2. BGW

BGW Senior member

1. What makes these upscale?
    2. What is the price?
    3. Why dn't you sell them online?

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Seem like interesting designs, though frankly the t-shirt market seems a little saturated these days. Pitch them at higher end jeanswear stores like American Rag CIE (S.F. and L.A.), Rag Factory (L.A), Atrium (N.Y.), Allston Beat (Boston).

How much are you selling these tees for? About $25-35 seems standard, but if you want to hit a higher pricepoint ($40+) you are going to have to pitch materials and workmanship the way, say, James Perse has (for example, are your t-shirts made especially for you, with unique fabrics) in addition cool graphics, and to stores like Fred Segal and Barneys Co-op.

4. Twin85

Twin85 Member

Right now we are printing on the American Apparel, which is the nicest blank shirts on the market right now, the t-shirts sell for 25-30 dollars, you can request to buy a shirt onlone by emailing, but right now we dont have the capital to make an ecommerce site.

5. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. High_Roller

High_Roller Senior member

Well, first of all, I've got to say that I absolutely love the website. Especially the music. I've liked that Ivana Santilli (sp?) song ever since it came out. That being said, I wasn't too crazy about the designs. However, I do have some strange taste in clothing. I think you'll do well.

7. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

c'mon man. you're selling t-shirts.