• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My business/"luxus" wardrobe is :

dug

Reaction score
I) shoes = 7 (all black calf brogue/richelieu )

3 church's (1 master class)
4 westons

II) Suits = 14
7 Faconnables (not fused arround 1200 euros each) =
1 Grey
1 chalced grey (white strips)
1 pinstripped grey (white strips)
2 Navy
1 pinstripped navy (orange strips)
1 pinstripped navy (10% cachemire) (light blue strips)

1 Lewin (seems not fused as sewn convas) = pinstripped navy (white strips)

2 Jean Louis Ferraud (well fused)
1 grey
1 navy pinstripped (rather for winter)

3 De Fursac (bad fused)
1 navy
1 dark pinstripped grey (white strips)
1 light pinstripped grey (light blue strips)

1 Hugo Boss (fair fused) = cream (3 parts)

III) more than 50 ties,
Lanvin (one 7 fold sold at 160 euros..),
Faconnable,
Cerruti 1880,
H&H,
De Fursac,
Ferre,
Montana

IV) 14 pairs of cufflinks
7 dunhill
1 Lanvin

V) 14 pairs of Braces...

VI) 21 shirts = white, blue, stripped white/bleu, pink stripped
15 H&K
1 T&A
1 H&H
2 DIOR couture
1 MTM
1 bespoke

VII) 100% cachemire sweater = 6 (2 navy+ 1 gray + 3 cream)

VIII) rain coats = 2
winter = blue Burberry
summer = cream DIOR

IX) Over coat = 3
1 black = Pierre Cardin (fair quality)
1 black = YSL (nice quality)
1 grey

You can add my 6 watches you still know...

...and I ready to stay in Pijama's in front of my screen as I'm unemployed for 15 mounth.....

I bought everything but shoes/watches during sales with good discount.

And your wardrobe? Which % of your wardrobe is made during sales? Mine is 80%

Thanks

dug

Reaction score
Do you think 2 people can have the same dressing....
confused.gif
Pehaps will I have more reply in details here?

dug

Reaction score
what is this yellow face?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dug,

For the amount of discussion about clothing that takes place on this forum, we usually don't list what we own. Sometimes this might take place, but usually in the form of a topic such as "what is your single favorite piece of clothing you own" or something like that. Members may have taken this as bragging or flaunting your possessions, hence the replies. Just wanted to let you know - no offence intended.

dug

Reaction score
Usually?

Do we have always to do like usually for fear of being judged, rejected?

Don't you think it is interessant to know what you like, how you look like, not just talking about a tie, a shirt?.. How you spend your money, where you spend it, if you made bargain...

I like cloth, style and like talking about them and compare with the taste of others.

I 'm waiting for your own experience, advices, questions to dress better and for less money.

For exemple I discovered on many forums that people dresses on ebay, and I can not imagine bying a tie without seeing it. In France nobody does that.

Do not be jealous, I'm not a rich man at all, I do not travel, do not smoke, do not drink, live with my parents so I use my money in my dressing like an investment for my job.

As I said I bought everything with good discount...

Forget politically correct for once, people talking about Brioni suits, Keaton shirts, bespoke from Lobb shoes shouldn't be shocked with my few poor fabrics...

Thanks for your advice

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Dug, Bienvenue. I think that although some of us are collectors, most prefer to be thought of as gentlemen. And for better or for worse, it is generally taken to be in rather poor taste to enumerate one's belongings, the "what sort of shoes do you own?" thread notwithstanding. It's sort of like talking about money, if that translates better for you. Personally, I don't know how much clothing I have in my wardrobe (which is a chest of drawers I bought at a second-hand, ahem, antique, store) since I tend to wear about a dozen things over and over again, and neglect everything else. Occasionally a long forgotten item will reappear, sort of like a rockstar getting his second wind. Again, welcome. I hope that you will enjoy your time here. But:
I do not travel, do not smoke, do not drink, live with my parents
Yowza, I don't smoke, but I would rather have a pint with friends once in a while and have the option of taking the occasional trip than have 14 suits (I've actually already made that sacrifice
wink.gif
), and I would rather wear CTGuy's burlap sack than have to live with my parents, God bless them.

dug

Reaction score
Saying we do not talk about money is hypocrisy :

- particulary on an US forum as in US money is the 'allmighty dollar', profit is the goal (I agree this conception and do not like the european taboo on money and their stupid idea of God bless the poors)
- particulary when you talk about garment which price is higher than the average wages of a worker

I spend my money in garment, not a fortune but more than the avearge citizen. Where is the problem?

I haven't worn a suit for 12 years, I have 8 news suits, 2 pairs of shoes anf 18 shirts never worn because I do not work and wear only jeans and lether jacket. I still know what I have as I love my garments.

Good idea to buy second hand garment. It is easy to find for women but for men...

WHY not make exchange on the forum, for exemple my holland& Holland tie I do not like against an H&K shirt or a pair of braces.

Good idea, isn't it?

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
My wardrobe is very simple to describe. It is always missing just one item that I must have. Right now, it is missing a nice pair of shell cordovan shoes. Once I get them, am I sure that I will be missing a "must have" almost instantaneously.
smile.gif

dug

Reaction score
I agree.

The plaeasure is more to find what you like, to search the bargain price, to buy the good than wearing it finaly.

Once you have it, the best becomes the norm. What's why it is better not to be rich.

Looking for is the best moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads