Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My BOX, there is it!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ernest, Nov 25, 2004.

1. ernest

ernest Senior member

It is not too bad for the price but what is called "heavy velvet" on the website is not even velvet . [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

This is the box and striped cufflinks that Jerry brought me.

I like both. Good value, all the more as I paid in euros. Thanks Jerry.

Jerry and his wife are very pleasant people. I am glad to have met them. They know Paris' restaurants far away better than me.

We went into some nice Brasserie & restaurants and fortunately didn't need to show the "bill of right" because waiters did not smell the cork...

Jerry is a real shoes-freak and I guess if the dollar had been less weak, he would have taken at least 2 pairs more.

Well, Jerry I call you after my English lesson and we do a last day of shopping...

Does someone want a pair of Aubercy/Albaladejo or a Charvet shirt?

3. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

Never thought I'd say this ernest but thanks for showing us your box.

If you are offering me the Aubercy shoes then I will take a pair (richelieu une piece, n'importe quoi) in 39.5. Arigato. Perhaps in return I can invite you to my next Iron Chef battle against Joel Robuchon.

4. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

Kaga has tiny feet ... Â Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG] Â [​IMG]

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 25 Nov. 2004, 5:33) This is the box and striped cufflinks that Jerry brought me. Does someone want a pair of Aubercy/Albaladejo or a Charvet shirt?
    Never thought I'd say this ernest but thanks for showing us your box. If you are offering me the Aubercy shoes then I will take a pair (richelieu une piece, n'importe quoi) in 39.5. Â Arigato. Â Perhaps in return I can invite you to my next Iron Chef battle against Joel Robuchon.
    Aubercy for men or women?

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Does Charvet have velvet bow ties?

7. ernest

ernest Senior member

Do not know.

8. drljva

drljva Senior member

Very nice.

Some nice Dunhill links in that box, too (my favorite is the d-type links on the bottom right-hand portion of the box).Speaking of Dunhill links, recently got their "Headlamps" cuff links in blue -- lovely design and color...

Cheers,

JV

9. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 25 Nov. 2004, 5:33) This is the box and striped cufflinks that Jerry brought me. I like both. Good value, all the more as I paid in euros. Thanks Jerry. Jerry and his wife are very pleasant people. I am glad to have met them. They know Paris' restaurants far away better than me. We went into some nice Brasserie & restaurants and fortunately didn't need to show the "bill of right" because waiters did not smell the cork... Jerry is a real shoes-freak and I guess if the dollar had been less weak, he would have taken at least 2 pairs more. Well, Jerry I call you after my English lesson and we do a last day of shopping... Does someone want a pair of Aubercy/Albaladejo or a Charvet shirt?
    Very nice. Some nice Dunhill links in that box, too (my favorite is the d-type links on the bottom right-hand portion of the box).Speaking of Dunhill links, recently got their "Headlamps" cuff links in blue -- lovely design and color... Cheers, JV
    Thanks. Are you the guy who has the same box with 2 levels? Which do you prefer, the rectangular just obove the last one int the right down corner? Headlights are nice but overpriced, Dunhill is crazy. I purchase some of mine 3 years ago when they were at 120 euros and paid them only 60 euros in sales. And most of my Dunhill are at 40/50% off.

10. ernest

ernest Senior member

Cufflinks are the following :

1th row :
    1) Dunhill (silver)  
    2) Unknown (metal+plastik)

2 de row :
    3) Dunhill (silver)  
    4) Dunhill (silver)
    5) Dior (silver+ stone)

3 th row :
    6) Mangas (metal + stone)  
    7) Unknown (gold plated+mother of pearl)
    8) Hilditch & Key (two side, metal+plastic)

4 th row :
    9) Dunhill (silver)
    10) Dunhill (silver)
    11) H&K (metal)  
    12) Dunhill (silver)

5 th row :
    13) Dunhill (silver)
    14) David Donahue (Silver+enamale)  
    15) Dunhill (sliver+stone)
    16) Pierre Cardin (plated gold+stone)

11. drljva

drljva Senior member

(drljva @ 29 Nov. 2004, 4:54)
    This is the box and striped cufflinks that Jerry brought me. I like both. Good value, all the more as I paid in euros. Thanks Jerry. Jerry and his wife are very pleasant people. I am glad to have met them. They know Paris' restaurants far away better than me. We went into some nice Brasserie & restaurants and fortunately didn't need to show the "bill of right" because waiters did not smell the cork... Jerry is a real shoes-freak and I guess if the dollar had been less weak, he would have taken at least 2 pairs more. Well, Jerry I call you after my English lesson and we do a last day of shopping... Does someone want a pair of Aubercy/Albaladejo or a Charvet shirt?
    Very nice. Some nice Dunhill links in that box, too (my favorite is the d-type links on the bottom right-hand portion of the box).Speaking of Dunhill links, recently got their "Headlamps" cuff links in blue -- lovely design and color... Cheers, JV
    Thanks. Are you the guy who has the same box with 2 levels? Which do you prefer, the rectangular just obove the last one int the right down corner? Headlights are nice but overpriced, Dunhill is crazy. I purchase some of mine 3 years ago when they were at 120 euros and paid them only 60 euros in sales. And most of my Dunhill are at 40/50% off.
    "Double-decker"? Yeah, that's me... :*) Glad you like the single version. Yes, the d-types are on the 2nd to last row, far right. Very cool design; look great with white shirts... The colour on those "Headlight" links is just fabulous. They've just put out some new colors -- will check those out in a few weeks when I'm back in London... Cheers, JV

12. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 29 Nov. 2004, 08:15)
    This is the box and striped cufflinks that Jerry brought me. I like both. Good value, all the more as I paid in euros. Thanks Jerry. Jerry and his wife are very pleasant people. I am glad to have met them. They know Paris' restaurants far away better than me. We went into some nice Brasserie & restaurants and fortunately didn't need to show the "bill of right" because waiters did not smell the cork... Jerry is a real shoes-freak and I guess if the dollar had been less weak, he would have taken at least 2 pairs more. Well, Jerry I call you after my English lesson and we do a last day of shopping... Does someone want a pair of Aubercy/Albaladejo or a Charvet shirt?

"Double-decker"? Yeah, that's me... :*) Glad you like the single version. Yes, the d-types are on the 2nd to last row, far right. Very cool design; look great with white shirts... The colour on those "Headlight" links is just fabulous. They've just put out some new colors -- will check those out in a few weeks when I'm back in London... Cheers, JV
    I like the box but I am disappointed with the "velvet". That said "havy velvet" for the double box and nothing for mine. Have you got real velvet in your box or cheap fake like in mine? Have you got the same as on the picture? Mine as some stitching on the leather...

13. drljva

drljva Senior member

(drljva @ 29 Nov. 2004, 5:31)

I like the box but I am disappointed with the "velvet". That said "havy velvet" for the double box and nothing for mine. Have you got real velvet in your box or cheap fake like in mine? Have you got the same as on the picture? Mine as some stitching on the leather...
    Yeah... my "velvet" (and stiching) is the same as yours... doesn't really bother me; "real" velvet might look kind of funny, but I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference... Since the color of the velvet is black, however, it's hard to keep dust off it (I use a clothes brush every now and then...). JV

14. ernest

ernest Senior member

(ernest @ 29 Nov. 2004, 08:50)

Yeah... my "velvet" (and stiching) is the same as yours... doesn't really bother me; "real" velvet might look kind of funny, but I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference... Since the color of the velvet is black, however, it's hard to keep dust off it (I use a clothes brush every now and then...). JV
    This is not very honest to write "heavy velvet" abd to put this cheap fake velvet.................

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If enough people are interested, I might be able to commission some very special, extremely well-made cufflink/ valet display boxes made to order, using the best woods and hardware, though I'm not sure if we have a source for leather work. If there is enough interest, we may be able to source that as well.

Would there be any interest in such a project?