• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My boss is an anti semite

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Previously my boss has made little comments that made me think she might have a slight issue with Jewish people but recently it's escalated to saying a couple of our customers are stingy/tightwads because "they're jewish". I'm not sure what to do in this situation other than be sad for society. I wouldn't expect this from a 31 yr old woman from the suburbs, a child of a doctor no less.

presidente

Reaction score
Older sentiments pass through generations, so it's more than likely that even though it's a serious issue, it could have been something she sees as a casual point of reference for inconvenience based off of previous familial bias.

I personally wouldn't approach her on this, but I also would never share my own opinion on the matter. Either CYA, and/or don't be apart of it.

Other than that, sorry man. People suck sometimes, and especially since she's only in her early thirties, (I would never assume someone from that generation would ever feel that way, it is very surprising to hear.) Can never assume the best of people, or you'll just end up disappointed.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Previously my boss has made little comments that made me think she might have a slight issue with Jewish people but recently it's escalated to saying a couple of our customers are stingy/tightwads because "they're jewish". I'm not sure what to do in this situation other than be sad for society. [COLOR=FF00AA]I wouldn't expect this from a 31 yr old woman from the suburbs, a child of a doctor no less[/COLOR].

Huh?
So child of a doctor//31 yr old women from the suburbs can't be an anti semite/racist?
Stupid statement. Or you are horribly naive!

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Older sentiments pass through generations, so it's more than likely that even though it's a serious issue, it could have been something she sees as a casual point of reference for inconvenience based off of previous familial bias.

[COLOR=FF00AA]I personally wouldn't approach her on this, but I also would never share my own opinion on the matter.[/COLOR] Either CYA, and/or don't be apart of it.

Other than that, sorry man. People suck sometimes, and especially since she's only in her early thirties, (I would never assume someone from that generation would ever feel that way, it is very surprising to hear.) Can never assume the best of people, or you'll just end up disappointed.

+1

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My own personal experiences with racism have largely been with poorer/working class people. I didn't say anything, just moved on but a couple days ago was the second time she's brought it up.

I would not say anything...UNLESS...it gets to the point that she is going overboard. Then I might have a chat with HR.

presidente

Reaction score
I would not say anything...UNLESS...it gets to the point that she is going overboard. Then I might have a chat with HR.

That's how I would go about doing it, (The HR bit) and where I would never share my personal opinion on the matter, merely report it.

Huh?
So child of a doctor//31 yr old women from the suburbs can't be an anti semite/racist?
Stupid statement. Or you are horribly naive!

I'm naive, and I would say my experience is lacking. There are neither many doctors, (or children of them for that matter) or many people between the ages of 25-37. Most people skip town here after high-school, and usually if they return they're married and come with the coast guard with kids because of the priority benefits of being "overseas".

Being frank, I'm surprised by any interactions with most people in their thirties. Small town cabin fever and such.

Last edited:

papa kot

Reaction score
Find a new boss. Can you really tolerate that kind of bs for a long time? If so, it may say a thing or two about you.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you getting a paycheck? Shut your mouth.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder what she says about you (or those of your race) when you're not around. :eh:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would just tell her I'm Jewish to see if she would retract the entire statement. I'm not Jewish, but I would do it for entertainment value.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My own personal experiences with racism have largely been with poorer/working class people. I didn't say anything, just moved on but a couple days ago was the second time she's brought it up.

As long as she is not singling out you or your coworkers, I would try to let it go.

HR is certainly the correct route to deal with this. I do not know what company texas_jack works for or any of those details. Sometimes going to HR can be a career ending move. I am not condoning her behavior at all. The worse thing that can happen is that HR just doesn't care or overlooks it. Then things will become uncomfortable.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As long as she is not singling out you or your coworkers, I would try to let it go.

HR is certainly the correct route to deal with this. I do not know what company texas_jack works for or any of those details. [COLOR=FF00AA] Sometimes going to HR can be a job ending move.[/COLOR] I am not condoning her behavior at all. The worse thing that can happen is that HR just doesn't care or overlooks it. Then things will become uncomfortable.

FTFY.
(In this case.)

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a low threshold to call someone an anti-semite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads