• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My best buy from eBay

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this today ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....4680782 I was not so sure, but it looked real EZ and it claimed that it was 15 mil and 15 mil .. and cheap .. Well.. this thing turned out to be a GEM... Â As always, beautiful and soft 15mil and 15mil fabric. Â Perfect shoulder fit. There are pick stitching (machine) on sleeve, shoulder, chest darts, and back seams. Â I have never seen this much of detailing from regular Zegna line. I am very happy with the purchase. Â This is why I cannot buy any sartorials from retail stores any more.

nsoltz1

Reaction score
Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz

mussel

Reaction score
Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz
It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That could be possible.

But when did Zegna start to make suits?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I inherited two beautiful Zegna suits that were most likely made in the early to mid '90's.

Mr Checks

Reaction score
Great look.

Had my hands on this at a store last weekend and it was $600 on a good sale; looks exactly the same.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(nsoltz1 @ June 07 2005,23:23) Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz
It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Â Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.
And actually the older Zegna suits were made better than they are now, imo. koji

Fabro

Reaction score
Amazing buy. I recently picked up a Zegna 15 Mil 15 for a similar price. The seller didn't advertise it as such, but I noticed the label and grabbed it. Really nice hand to the fabric; my tailor who did the alterations was really impressed.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(mussel @ June 07 2005,20:58)
Originally Posted by nsoltz1,June 07 2005,23:23
It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Â Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.
And actually the older Zegna suits were made better than they are now, imo. koji
Most older things are.

Urban Warrior

Reaction score
Nice... I was under the impression that 15mil was a fairly new type of fabric offering only going back 6-8 years or so??? Did they have 15mil 20 years ago? Also some food for thought all my 15mil's state it on the Zegna label??? But they have so many labels and fabrics it can very confusing...

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this coat does not have 15 mil 15 mil label inside jacket, but it feels like cashmere, so i know it has to be S150+. Texture and softness speak for itself.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice score MilanoStyle. Nice jacket, exceptionally nice price.

I am proud to report that I picked up a nice Vestimenta sport coat for a mere US$130. Hey, I'm happy....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads