1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My best buy from eBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Jun 7, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I just received this today ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....4680782 I was not so sure, but it looked real EZ and it claimed that it was 15 mil and 15 mil .. and cheap .. Well.. this thing turned out to be a GEM... Â As always, beautiful and soft 15mil and 15mil fabric. Â Perfect shoulder fit. There are pick stitching (machine) on sleeve, shoulder, chest darts, and back seams. Â I have never seen this much of detailing from regular Zegna line. I am very happy with the purchase. Â This is why I cannot buy any sartorials from retail stores any more.

2. nsoltz1

nsoltz1 Member

Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz

3. mussel

mussel Senior member

It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.

4. MilanoStyle

That could be possible.

But when did Zegna start to make suits?

5. sartoriale

sartoriale Well-Known Member Affiliate Vendor

6. romafan

romafan Senior member

I inherited two beautiful Zegna suits that were most likely made in the early to mid '90's.

7. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior member

Great look.

Had my hands on this at a store last weekend and it was $600 on a good sale; looks exactly the same.

8. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

(nsoltz1 @ June 07 2005,23:23) Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz
    It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Â Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.
    And actually the older Zegna suits were made better than they are now, imo. koji

9. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Amazing buy. I recently picked up a Zegna 15 Mil 15 for a similar price. The seller didn't advertise it as such, but I noticed the label and grabbed it. Really nice hand to the fabric; my tailor who did the alterations was really impressed.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

(mussel @ June 07 2005,20:58)
    Terrific buy. I am a true Zegna fanatic... love the fit and finish as well as the styling. And they fit me perfectly. Meanwhile, here's the greatest eBay Zegna fake I've ever seen... Laugh and enjoy.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....25&rd=1 Ned Soltz
    It isn't fake, it's a real Zegna, a very very old one. Â Judging by the label, I'd say it's about 20 years old.
    And actually the older Zegna suits were made better than they are now, imo. koji
    Most older things are.

11. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Senior member

Nice... I was under the impression that 15mil was a fairly new type of fabric offering only going back 6-8 years or so??? Did they have 15mil 20 years ago? Also some food for thought all my 15mil's state it on the Zegna label??? But they have so many labels and fabrics it can very confusing...

12. MilanoStyle

this coat does not have 15 mil 15 mil label inside jacket, but it feels like cashmere, so i know it has to be S150+. Texture and softness speak for itself.

13. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Very nice score MilanoStyle. Nice jacket, exceptionally nice price.

I am proud to report that I picked up a nice Vestimenta sport coat for a mere US$130. Hey, I'm happy....