1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Bespoked Suit in Malaysia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by terrorsquad, Oct 8, 2011.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

The back top of the sleeves look much better. I wonder how much can be corrected with a proper pressing?

2. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

The tailor kept telling me it will look ok once its pressed.i x really buy it, to me there are just a few more issues that needs to be addressed for this suit..

3. BespokenUK

BespokenUK Active Member

I visited Bespoken in Feb 2012 just to have a look. The work they were doing were of Savile Row standards; everything hand made. No machine padding (i.e.lapel, chest, and collar) anywhere in the coat. I saw finished and basted suits and I would say that the bastes and finished product were some of the best Ive ever seen. The linings, even along the facing, were beautifully hand finished. The buttonholes were first rate.

I used to work for a well-known Savile Row firm so I know the product when I see it. I asked the guy at the desk about the the make and it turns out one of the coat makers who was in the shop is ex-Nortons.

The shop is very nicely fitted out and you can see the coat makers right in front of you. Despite the obvious high quality of the construction, However I cant vouch for the cut; from what I saw they looked very very typical of Savile Row.

Price is from 5000RM, which is about £1000GBP. Quite reasonable if you ask me. I only go there on holiday one or twice a year and Ive never seen work like this in Malaysia; however Ah Loke's work looks great. What is his current pricing for a full canvassed suit? and

No. 26, Jln Yap Ah Shak,
    50300 Kuala Lumpur,
    Wilayah Persekutuan Tel: 03-2692 4206

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  4. Urstyle

Urstyle New Member

Hi! I like the suit that you are wearing. May I know the information about the location of tailor shop and prices? I will appreciate your reply. Thx

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Trousers look quite tight and also too short. Presumably the back pockets had still to be cut?

6. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

terrorsquad, would you share pictures of the finished suit with us?

7. terrorsquad

8. terrorsquad

Quote:
    Quote:Ah Loke currently charges between RM1500-2000 for full canvass, depending on the cloth used. Bear in mind that this is only for workmanship. He is one of only 2 tailors in Kuala Lumpur who carries H.Lesser and Harrisons. A fully canvassed suit in H.Lesser 8/9oz with cupro lining will cost approximately USD960.

9. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Things I notice from the progression:
    1. Why do the shoulders fit well in your first photos, then dimple in your latest?
    2. I can see that you're thin, but do you really want the waist so close to your body?
    3. You need slightly more room in the pant thighs to allow for clean contour lines. It's bunching like crazy at your back thigh and butt because of the tightness and because you need to shorten the back rise and make the seat deeper. But first, you need to pull your pants up at the back and see what that does. You're wearing them like jeans in the photos...
    4. Trousers are acceptably short, but be careful.

I think this will turn out well...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012