1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Bespoke Suit Designed by Michael Andrews Bespoke

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vittorio J, Nov 12, 2008.

1. koolhistorian

koolhistorian Senior member

Blunt advertising for a very bad suit! Please stop!

2. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

honestly the more people post, the more exposure his advertisement is recieving (and i'm well aware that i'm contributing)

I dig the paisley lining, only because any non-standard lining seems kind of fun to me. Other than that, the light blue stitching and buttonholes and the pinstripes all together make it look a bit cheap. Personally I'd never wear that suit, even if it was free.

Really, I'd say it looks like a guido's attempt at making a high fashion suit.

3. Mentionable

Mentionable New Member

Reserve the suit for Mardis Gras!!!!! Perfect setting to look like a clow[​IMG]

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

honestly the more people post, the more exposure his advertisement is recieving (and i'm well aware that i'm contributing) I dig the paisley lining, only because any non-standard lining seems kind of fun to me. Other than that, the light blue stitching and buttonholes and the pinstripes all together make it look a bit cheap. Personally I'd never wear that suit, even if it was free. Really, I'd say it looks like a guido's attempt at making a high fashion suit.
    There is nothing wrong with the advertising. Clearly, there are people that want a suit like this and there are people who don't. This thread serves as both beacon and warning.

1 person likes this.
  5. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Despite the spam-like nature of the original post, I don't think the suit is nearly the horror-show that some have made it out to be. The fit, while by no means perfect, is substantially better than a lot of what I've seen, even in these precincts. And while it's not a choice I would make, I think the contrast stitching is a nice, semi-dandyish touch. All-in-all, the suit's nowhere near deserving of the opprobrium that's been heaped upon it.

6. Vittorio J

Vittorio J Active Member

I really appreciate everyone's feedback so far...whether negative or positive...thank you...

I think what people are missing is the fact that the fabric is very conservative...this is the only reason why I went a little crazy on the details...if i didn't provide detailed zoomed in pictures of the suit, I don't think anyone on the street would even notice the details...

I also think that people were extra harsh because of the way I posted it originally...I'm new to this forum and should have started more conservatively...however, I recognize quite a few store owners on this forum...everyone promotes one way or the other...it is the nature of the business...

I apologize if it has offended anyone...It was not the intent...I would never post anything that I truly didn't love...and I really adore this suit...In my opinion, if you are going to drop over 1K for a suit, you may as well make it unique...that's what makes the whole bespoke process so fun...

Thanks again everyone...hope you continue posting...I will post pictures of some of my other bespoke items in the future...

7. teecube

teecube Member

It looks like your suit is for show rather than good fit. You have a full chest but your lapel does not lay flat on your chest.

8. GBR

GBR Senior member

I like the lining but not the use of blue threads. The pick stitching is way over done.

It would be good to see the trousers in such detail as well to see its design and you wearing it.

I rather suspect MTM npt bespoke and certainly a largeing workshop -= the label is not that of a bespoke tailor.

If you paid for it dare one ask how much?

9. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

The OP hasn't posted or responded to anything since 2008.

10. PainZtaking

PainZtaking Well-Known Member

if you are going to drop over 1K for a suit, you may as well make it unique...that's what makes the whole bespoke process so fun...

what? 1k for those stupid uniqueness? my tailor can do all those shit for <200$

11. [savage]

[savage] Well-Known Member

what? 1k for those stupid uniqueness? my tailor can do all those shit for <200$
    Pizza? As an aside. This suit reminds me of those kids that add all kinds of neon lights to the undercarriage and interior of their vehicles because both look hideous and make me want to point and laugh. Of course this is all just my opinion, but then again I do have good taste.

12. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

I really appreciate everyone's feedback so far...whether negative or positive...thank you...

I think what people are missing is the fact that the fabric is very conservative...this is the only reason why I went a little crazy on the details...if i didn't provide detailed zoomed in pictures of the suit, I don't think anyone on the street would even notice the details...

I also think that people were extra harsh because of the way I posted it originally...I'm new to this forum and should have started more conservatively...however, I recognize quite a few store owners on this forum...everyone promotes one way or the other...it is the nature of the business...

I apologize if it has offended anyone...It was not the intent...I would never post anything that I truly didn't love...and I really adore this suit...In my opinion, if you are going to drop over 1K for a suit, you may as well make it unique...that's what makes the whole bespoke process so fun...

Thanks again everyone...hope you continue posting...I will post pictures of some of my other bespoke items in the future...

crazy on the details? better you should stick to the ties.
    you have to love the suit, you are stuck with it.
    what you did, needed to be treated harshly.
    please no more pictures.

13. a tailor

The suit might be clownish but has anyone checked out the Vittorio "Proschiutto" J. ties. Maybe there is more style and substance with the ties. I checked out the website. Great pic of "ties on a tree".

yes i liked some of the ties.

14. a tailor

In the shoulder pic it looks like it is bunching up around your neck.

yes the back looks as though its for a "stoop" figure.

15. a tailor

A few details lead me to believe this was made in Asia / Hong Kong. The only reason I am commenting is I think the term "Bespoke" is over used, misused and the meaning is watered down and used in a generalized way these days.

yea all the asian made to measure people call themselves bespoke.
    trouble is there is no law covering that.

16. a tailor

It looks like your suit is for show rather than good fit. You have a full chest but your lapel does not lay flat on your chest.

good catch.
    was wondering who would come up with that.
    in addition to the tight chest.
    notice the right more than the left.
    the right collar away from the neck .
    that's a right low shoulder that was not cut for.

ITS BESPOKE???

17. changyaqiao

changyaqiao Senior member

how much of this suit?