My Balmoral Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AnGeLiCbOrIs, Mar 30, 2009.

1. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

blemish is on the lateral aspect of the toe of the shoe that goes on your left foot. Correct?

Actually there is a small scratch on the right cap now less visible than when Cliff took this photo. Any blemish on the left cap is purely my poor photography the left is 100% OK.

[​IMG]

2. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

Hi Guys - In case there's interest, I'm seeing if anyone wants to buy the nice pair of boots Cliff made for me recently. They unfortunately just don't fit my anal retentive feet too well. I hate to see them go and Cliff generously offered for me to send them back to him for a replacement, but I thought I'd offer them up to you all first. Just click on the link below. Any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=142335

3. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

They look great! Please post some more photos as Cliff progresses.
    Just received them, very nice boots!
    [​IMG]
    I went for the double sole tapering into single (HAF sole?) and steel toeplates.

4. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

Just received them, very nice boots!
    [​IMG]
    I went for the double sole tapering into single (HAF sole?) and steel toeplates.

Thanks for posting the photo. How do they fit?

5. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Thanks for posting the photo. How do they fit?
    The fit is good, maybe a little loose on the heel, but that's no bespoke last of course.
    Compared to a CJ 348 Cliff's last is not as pointy but the sizing is comparable.

6. Fishball

Fishball Senior member

My Balmoral boots are coming soon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

[​IMG]

The more I see Cliff's boots, the more I want a pair!

8. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

My Balmoral boots are coming soon!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Congratulations; I do like these and in fact have warmed lately to the esthetic of leather/suede combinations.

9. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

Was able to meet Clifford Roberts in person last week while I suffered through the 4.5 hours back and forth coach/bus ride from London Heathrow to Northampton

In addition to talking shoes, on the way to meet him, I was able to witness a slugfest amongst 2 drunk Englishmen...no clear winner.

Hopefully my bespoke Springline last will be ready before X-mas and I can report on the benefits of using such a last with Clifford's services

Its one thing to discuss details via e-mail, but it was much better to be able to communicate my desires face to face. I quickly learned what could and could not be done and there would be no ambiguities as to what he understood of what I desired.

Was nice to hear that I could have a handsewn apron...for a 75 pound upcharge and look forward to this on a future Lazyman design

Was happy to learn that if the client so desires, for an upcharge depending on the leather, he has access to finer "bespoke" quality calf leather (in my case, 60 more pounds for bespoke black calf)

With the Springline bespoke last soon in the works, he also discussed a fitting shoe (to be discarded after use). Very basic design with simple leather to ensure before he makes my elaborate designs, that the fit is great...for a mere 30 pound upcharge

I wore my balmoral boots today...made on his registered standard lasts. They were quite comfortable, looked great and gave me the satisfaction in knowing I purchased a value priced product...which could rival those of other RTW/MTO shoe makers charging much more

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Was able to meet Clifford Roberts in person last week while I suffered through the 4.5 hours back and forth coach/bus ride from London Heathrow to Northampton

In addition to talking shoes, on the way to meet him, I was able to witness a slugfest amongst 2 drunk Englishmen...no clear winner.

Hopefully my bespoke Springline last will be ready before X-mas and I can report on the benefits of using such a last with Clifford's services

Its one thing to discuss details via e-mail, but it was much better to be able to communicate my desires face to face. I quickly learned what could and could not be done and there would be no ambiguities as to what he understood of what I desired.

Was nice to hear that I could have a handsewn apron...for a 75 pound upcharge and look forward to this on a future Lazyman design

Was happy to learn that if the client so desires, for an upcharge depending on the leather, he has access to finer "bespoke" quality calf leather (in my case, 60 more pounds for bespoke black calf)

With the Springline bespoke last soon in the works, he also discussed a fitting shoe (to be discarded after use). Very basic design with simple leather to ensure before he makes my elaborate designs, that the fit is great...for a mere 30 pound upcharge

I wore my balmoral boots today...made on his registered standard lasts. They were quite comfortable, looked great and gave me the satisfaction in knowing I purchased a value priced product...which could rival those of other RTW/MTO shoe makers charging much more

what i always said... [​IMG]

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

12. Jas0n

Jas0n Senior member

I'm seriously considering a pair of Balmoral boots, but I wish there was one spot with a concise listing of options/timing/colors, etc ...

13. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

My Balmoral boots are coming soon! [​IMG]
    Introducing Frankengent the new, official iGent Balmoral boot spokesman: [​IMG] These bootsth will go gweat wiff my fwesco sthuit, unhunh, unhunh.

14. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Have anyone heard from Cliff recently?
    I sent him an email a couple of days before Christmas and haven't got feedback, of course he probably is on holiday but I'd like to be shure he hasn't changed his email address.

15. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

I've heard from him and I believe he's at the same email address.

I'd try him again.

Many thanks

Clint

Have anyone heard from Cliff recently?
    I sent him an email a couple of days before Christmas and haven't got feedback, of course he probably is on holiday but I'd like to be shure he hasn't changed his email address.