My Balmoral Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AnGeLiCbOrIs, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

A few pictures from Cliff of a pair of Balmoral shoes he is in the process of making for me, the final finish is to be very dark brown (espresso). I should have the more photos and the shoes within a fortnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looking better. that is ill

2. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Those are incredible. I've never seen one shoe w/ two different sizes of broguing like that, but I like it a lot.

3. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

The G&G Warwick which has the two sizes of brogue was the shoe I has in mind when I asked Cliff to make these .

4. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Correct. They look like poor seconds...FWIW.

Would you mind pointing out the flaws for us?

5. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Demonstrating my laziness here, but I went through the first 7 pages of this thread and couldn't find Cliff's contact information anywhere. Could someone please do me a favor and post his contact information, and, if available, indicative pricing.

Thanks,
    Eustace

6. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Hello everyone, Thanks for this board about his work. I'd like to send him an e-mail, but the adress which is on page 3 won't work for me... Did he changed his adress ? I tried : [email protected] but it won't work... Thanks by advance for your help. Damien.
    ^^^^ Ensure that you manually type it into your email client. There must be something with the characters so copy and paste causes problems. For an existing pattern, without trees, you'll be looking at the £300 mark. Cheers Clint

7. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

^^^^

Ensure that you manually type it into your email client. There must be something with the characters so copy and paste causes problems.

For an existing pattern, without trees, you'll be looking at the £300 mark.

Cheers

Clint

Thanks Clint

8. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

Thanks Clint

You are most welcome.

9. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

Hey clint how do i work out my sizeing. I only have a pair of RMW boots that fit me well to go off?
    No access to EG, CJ, lobb, Loak ect

10. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

Wrigglez...please be more specific

I've never heard of RMW boots

What size do you normally wear for shoes?

I found Clifford's special registered Springline squared and chiseled last to be roomier in the toe box area than any squared or rounded toe C&J, EG or G&G lasts. My pictures above verify this as to the G&G TG73.

As to sizing and room in the toe box, the 888 is similar to the TG73 but I found the TG73 to be rommier in the toe box area than the 888. Keep in mind Tony Gaziano of G&G created the TG73, and years earlier was involved in making the 888...thus the similar pedigree

I find C&J's lasts to be roomier in the toe box area than either G&G or EG...yet to my subjective tastes, the C&J lasts...except for the 348, are not as elegant...and I don't find roominess to be synonymous with comfort as the C&J's have too much room...which ultimately negatively affects overall comfort and fit

11. fox81

fox81 Senior member

RMW = RM Williams, boots.

They're probably not the best benchmark for trying to work out a size for these shoes. If youre in Melbourne, I think American Tailors on bourke st ( near pellegrini's) has crockett & jones, maybe edward green as well. Also check out what harrolds on collins st or henry bucks have, as they quite possibly have some northampton made shoes. David Jones has loake and maybe cheaney as well.

Theyre all grossly expensive but you might get a chance to try on some shoes to get size guidance.

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

...and I don't find roominess to be synonymous with comfort as the C&J's have too much room...which ultimately negatively affects overall comfort and fit
    interesting observation. never felt that way... ...not talking particular about C&J's, i have none, just in general.

13. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

cheers fox81, i also did a bit of a search and found that i think herringbone also has ed green, so i'll hea off to check them out when work slows down. cheers all

14. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

Hey clint how do i work out my sizeing. I only have a pair of RMW boots that fit me well to go off?
    No access to EG, CJ, lobb, Loak ect

If it helps, I take a 9.5G in the RMW Turnout Jodpur boot. I take a 9.5 standard width in most other shoes.

15. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

^^^^^^

thanks aswell, i emailed cliff, screw getting a new computer, i'll get a pair of shoes insted.
    i'm sure cliff and i will have a very long chat about how to fit my feet just as i am sure i will be a delighted with my result as everyone else is with theirs.
    thanks to everyone for the help and also a big thanks to the OP for finding cliff.