My Balmoral Boots

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AnGeLiCbOrIs, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Pengranger

Pengranger Senior member

I will try to get a pic hosting site to post some pics up. How do I post pics??

Take a look at this post on AAAC. The process is basically the same. I'd recommend Photobucket.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=60615

2. otc

otc Senior member

Take a look at this post on AAAC. The process is basically the same. I'd recommend Photobucket.

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=60615

definately photobucket...imageshack is blocked at work. sometimes the pictures still load but often I see nothing (not even a red x)

3. MI-6

MI-6 Active Member

4. walneal

walneal Senior member

OMG its beautiful

5. bigbris1

bigbris1 Senior member

I have posted pics up on my photobucket account. http://photobucket.com/MI-6

When you mouse over the thumbnail pics a box will pop up, copy the bottom link that begins with and paste here. Then you have posted a pic:

[IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac353/MI-6/New%20Balmoral%20Boots/IMGP0786.jpg

6. Imakeyourshoes

Imakeyourshoes Active Member

So who does everyone think this guy used to work for? EG was my bet, but that sole treatment is rather bizarre.
    I used to work with him, I know where hes worked and where he is now, he has done quite well it seems

7. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

I used to work with him, I know where hes worked and where he is now, he has done quite well it seems

The suspense is killing me. [​IMG]

8. Imakeyourshoes

Imakeyourshoes Active Member

Well what would you prefer? Loake or Lobb? You're a fool then if you believe that two candidates both with thirty years experience in the same business would have the same skill. Yet one had worked at a superlative shoe maker, renowned worldwide and obviously soaking up the business ethos and experience accrued with that, the other had all the experience accumulated from working at a lower tier shoemaker. This is like saying for example, as a business hiring a new employee that you didn't care which University a person graduated from, as long as they both held the same degree. What nonsense.
    you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

9. petitnoblesse

petitnoblesse Senior member

you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs

there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

+1 Bravo sir.

10. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

When you mouse over the thumbnail pics a box will pop up, copy the bottom link that begins with and paste here. Then you have posted a pic:

[IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac353/MI-6/New%20Balmoral%20Boots/IMGP0786.jpg

I now see the blobbiness some ppl saw earlier.

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

You're a fool then if you believe that two candidates both with thirty years experience in the same business would have the same skill.

Yet one had worked at a superlative shoe maker, renowned worldwide and obviously soaking up the business ethos and experience accrued with that, the other had all the experience accumulated from working at a lower tier shoemaker.

This is like saying for example, as a business hiring a new employee that you didn't care which University a person graduated from, as long as they both held the same degree. What nonsense.

you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs

there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

+1 Bravo sir.

+2 Sooner or later, someone had to set him straight!

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I now see the blobbiness some ppl saw earlier.

blobby? wow... i think it's not as sleek as a corthay, but it has that french styling to it. I think it looks great personally, although it would be a step up with lasted boot trees and the ankle length looks quite long...

13. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

^ I agree that it looks sleek. I think there's a touch more height volume that say an EG or JL, but the shape is very nice. I also like the ankle length for this kind of style. Can't wait for mine to be ready!

14. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

... Can't wait for mine to be ready!
    +1 I must keep calm and wait.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Very nice boots.