• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My bad experience with Spier and Mackay

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were you thinking?
I just checked their website.
Their RTW collection looks like junk and is priced accordingly.
Unless you have fitting issues stick to ( much) higher quality RTW
and have them altered, if necessary.

samps

Reaction score
S&M agreed to help correct things.

I sent all 13 shirts back. They agreed to adjust to suit the one shirt that fit me the best, along with some measurements I provided.

They had the shirts for nearly two months.

I got 11 of 13 shirts returned.

They basically just shortened the sleeves for me and did a total hack job. They didn't even move the gauntlet.

I thought at least they were willing to help and tailor the shirts to suit so that they all matched.

Stay away from these guys - they can't even tailor sleeves properly. I had actually asked for me to have them tailored and for them to foot the bill and they said they'd handle it for me.

So brutal.

I may have taken $hit from forum members about this whole thing - I'll take it, not that concerned. Hope that people see this and are informed about how brutal S&M are.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What were you thinking?
I just checked their website.
Their RTW collection looks like junk and is priced accordingly.
Unless you have fitting issues stick to ( much) higher quality RTW
and have them altered, if necessary.

This made me L O L

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@samps

I"m sure there are two sides to this story but sorry about your experiences with them.

I've gotten a few shirts MTM in the past from them and they have been fine. There was one shirt that wasn't up to spec but Rick was quick to fix it.

Unfortunately I got a little bigger and the shirts can't fit me anymore. But I'll say their OTR shirts fit me bang on and I'll continue to support the company. Even better them being local.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads