• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My bacon guilt...

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always told myself I'd never buy bacon at home because it's a dangerous combination of heart-attack and deliciousness.... I broke my rule last weekend because I had friends in town and wanted to cook a big breakfast but then that kinda fell through and I was stuck with about 1/2lb of turkey bacon (50% less fat) and 1/2lb of traditional bacon in the fridge.

I didn't want it to spoil and I knew that if I froze it I would forget about it and it would get freezer burn and ruined so last night I said ******* - let's rock and roll - so I decided to cook it all at once. What proceeded can be described as no less than an orgy of bacon. I wasn't counting but it must have been a half dozen frying pan loads worth of bacon... I ate it as I cooked more and then took most of what was left and made a massive triple-decker bacon, turkey and cheese sandwich... and finally had to throw out the remaining few pieces.

Looking back at it this morning, in the throws of heartburn and guilt, I still have to appreciate how tasty that sandwich was! If I wasn't so damn skinny I'd feel like a fat ass pig but rather than gain weight I think I just shaved a couple of weeks off of my life. Never again!!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bacon is just FRIGGIn awesome.

My heart cannot handle a pound of all that deliciousness, but I do indulge once in a while.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it said "bacon QUILT." Was looking forward to a great photo....

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
When I first clicked on this thread, I thought it said "bacon QUILT." Was looking forward to a great photo....

++. When it's underlined on the main page you can't really tell the difference between "g" and "q".

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love bacon wrapped pork chops
inlove.gif

Seanallen

Reaction score

bacon_quilt.jpg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I always told myself I'd never buy bacon at home because it's a dangerous combination of heart-attack and deliciousness.... I broke my rule last weekend because I had friends in town and wanted to cook a big breakfast but then that kinda fell through and I was stuck with about 1/2lb of turkey bacon (50% less fat) and 1/2lb of traditional bacon in the fridge.

I didn't want it to spoil and I knew that if I froze it I would forget about it and it would get freezer burn and ruined so last night I said ******* - let's rock and roll - so I decided to cook it all at once. What proceeded can be described as no less than an orgy of bacon. I wasn't counting but it must have been a half dozen frying pan loads worth of bacon... I ate it as I cooked more and then took most of what was left and made a massive triple-decker bacon, turkey and cheese sandwich... and finally had to throw out the remaining few pieces.

Looking back at it this morning, in the throws of heartburn and guilt, I still have to appreciate how tasty that sandwich was! If I wasn't so damn skinny I'd feel like a fat ass pig but rather than gain weight I think I just shaved a couple of weeks off of my life. Never again!!

This reads like a letter to Penthouse Forum.
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I thought it said Bacon Quilt also, and I almost got a chubby just thinking about it.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of those who can't read and thought, just as the AIDS quilt did starting in 1987 to raise awareness and hope, the bacon quilt in 2009 was gonna start another revolution of porcine goodness.....

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hahahaha I thought the same exact thing.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching Alton Brown cook up some bacon the other day and he put it on a wire rack on a cookie sheet, put it in a cold oven set to 400 and let it go for 15 or 20 minutes. I tried it and it worked well - bacon stays flat, fat drips off (rendering it totally cholesterol-less, no grease splatter.

And I rarely have guilt after eating a whole lot of bacon. Or sausage for that matter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads