• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 2 passions: Watches & Shoes (I)

septiembre

Reaction score
First of all, I usually read a lot this forum but almost never post. And I want to change that. I want to share with you a post that I made some time ago in a spanish watch forum, and I think is quite interesting.

The first chapter was about brown shoes. If it has success and people like it, I would go with parts 2 and 3. If you need translation of anything, just ask.

Kind regards

Mis 2 pasiones: Zapatos y Relojes (I)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CapÃtulo 1: El Color Marrón (de vestir):

Pues nada, que he sacado unas fotillos de mis dos pasiones, los zapatos y los relojes, y he decidido compartirlas con vosotros, ya que creo que es una bonita combinación.

Como mi colección de zapatos es un poco grande, he decidido publicar las fotos con mis "nenes" por capÃtulos, empezando hoy por mis zapatos marrones de vestir, a los que les ha dado por jugar con los relojes.

Sin más, empiezo publicando fotos de este proyecto:

Primero, una vista general:

dsc4074ok0.jpg

Y empezamos a entrar en detalle: A los Monk Crockett & Jones Handgrade, les acompaña un IWC Ingenieur junto con un Baume Mercier Capeland Crono:

dsc4076vh5.jpg

Seguidos de unos C&J Hallam, con los que juega el gran Legendario y un Sinn 303 lleno de "extras":

dsc4077kg9.jpg

Los americanos Alden se llevan los armis: Un Tag Carrera edición limitada Jeff Gordon y el Omega Seamaster Bond:

dsc4078fm4.jpg

Son los C&J Audley Handgrade los que tienen mar y aire. El Steinhart Flieger y el UTS 1000M Bauhaus:

dsc4079qe8.jpg

Unos Edward Green Isham tienen el placer de ser acompañados por un rápido Tag Heuer Grand Carrera y un Ball Night Train:

dsc4080ot5.jpg

Sin desmercer a otros, Edward Green Chelsea más oscuros, como el Sinn 856 y el nocturno Ball Moonphase:

dsc4081km0.jpg

Otros americanos Alden comparten "juerga" con un Hamie Reserva de Marcha y con un viejecito Rolex al que acaban de poner a punto y se ha quedado como un chaval:

dsc4082ta0.jpg

Y una piel especial, de Cordovan marrón en un modelo C&J remata con un Bell & Ross Crono:

dsc4083uj9.jpg

Pues nada, espero que os hayan gustado. En base al Ã
00a9.png
xito, habrá nuevas entregas con zapatos de vestir negros, zapatos, sport, zapatos burdeos... (SÃ, estoy enfermo).

Por supuesto, perdón por la calidad de las fotos.

andas

Reaction score
I pretty much didn't understand anything exept the intro...
smile.gif

Nice pictures though!

niwawa

Reaction score
Even I don't understand most of your input, I can see those nice watches.
Wear them in good health!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of your shoes look the same, and all of your watches look the same. Where is the variety?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
All of your shoes look the same, and all of your watches look the same. Where is the variety?

Yes I agree con Jimmy = todos tus zapatos son lo mismo = la variedad no existe..

JordanH.

Reaction score

kinda true, but i'd still like to have all those shoes

axe

Reaction score
Some of these posts are funny. I'm reminded of a story my friend told me of a time he was ordering a donut at a local shop.

Friend, ordering in french: "Je prendrai un Canadian Maple s'il-vous-plaÃ
00ae.png
t."
Employee: "Sorry, I don't speak french."
Friend: "I'll have a Canadian Maple please..."

septiembre

Reaction score

I really knew I could see that comment on a watch forum, but never on styleforum. As quoted on the post, this are only the Oxford brown shoes. There could be following posts with black, loafers and casual shoes (my collection is quite big). I never thought than on styleforum I would read that cordovans, monks, oxfords and derbys and all in different lasts (Hallam is very different than Audley for example) are all the same. Even there is a comparison between english as C&J and EG and americans like Alden and AE.

The same for the watches. What has an IWC Ingeneer has to do with a classic Rolex, a Bell & Ross a baume mercier a Tah a Hamilton Sinn and a UTS? It is quite ignorant to say that. They are not all crono or all sport or all divers... they a re all pretty different.

I am disappointed.

I see that some did the same with "el aristocrata". Is true that people here are too close and when someone new (that is doing an effort posting pictures) appears many people just critizice them? I just wanted to share pictures...

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by septiembre
I really knew I could see that comment on a watch forum, but never on styleforum. As quoted on the post, this are only the Oxford brown shoes. There could be following posts with black, loafers and casual shoes (my collection is quite big). I never thought than on styleforum I would read that cordovans, monks, oxfords and derbys and all in different lasts (Hallam is very different than Audley for example) are all the same. Even there is a comparison between english as C&J and EG and americans like Alden and AE.

The same for the watches. What has an IWC Ingeneer has to do with a classic Rolex, a Bell & Ross a baume mercier a Tah a Hamilton Sinn and a UTS? It is quite ignorant to say that. They are not all crono or all sport or all divers... they a re all pretty different.

I am disappointed.

I see that some did the same with "el aristocrata". Is true that people here are too close and when someone new (that is doing an effort posting pictures) appears many people just critizice them? I just wanted to share pictures...

Te vas a desanimar por un poco de criticas?

Yo disfrute tu post (y tu coleccion). Compartimos las mismas pasiones asi que si sigues postenado, seguire leyendo.

Animo!

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by axe
Some of these posts are funny. I'm reminded of a story my friend told me of a time he was ordering a donut at a local shop.

Friend, ordering in french: "Je prendrai un Canadian Maple s'il-vous-plaÃ
00ae.png
t."
Employee: "Sorry, I don't speak french."
Friend: "I'll have a Canadian Maple please..."

rimshot.gif

Where is the punch line?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I was saying, is that from afar, all of your watches are sport watches with large round dials and gaudy faces, and your shoes are all cap toe non-brogued oxfords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads