• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My 1st Chan Suit - Photos

kcheng

Reaction score
Was in Hong Kong last month and took my dive into getting a suit with WW Chan.. Patrick was extremely helpful and patient with me. Had my first measurements taken on Dec 23rd, a fitting on the morning of the 2nd and then the final fitting on the afternoon of the 2nd. Suit got to me through my uncle on the 9th..

Material is VBC Revenge 130s.. 2.5 button, high arm-hole, working buttonholes.. I'm pretty happy about the jacket, but I will probably go with slightly more fitted trousers. All in all, i'm looking forward to my next one!

The sleeves are actually the correct length and not too short... I'm just a little sloppy after a long day.

I apologize as the suit just came out of a box from the mail and these were snapped pretty quickly. Will try for better pics tomorrow!

Pictures inside WW Chan.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ach! Wrong button done in the first pic.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good. My guess is that the rippling in the shoulders and sleeves on the second picture is from an unnaturally stiff stance. I think the button stance is maybe a little high, and the left sleeve seems too short.

Niels

Reaction score
Nice to se a pic from someone with vinyl records.

Suit looks nice anyhow

kcheng

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Ach! Wrong button done in the first pic.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good. My guess is that the rippling in the shoulders and sleeves on the second picture is from an unnaturally stiff stance. I think the button stance is maybe a little high, and the left sleeve seems too short.

yea i was in such a hurry i wasn't even thinking about the buttoning till you mentioned it. Will try to take another set of photos tomorrow, aside from the unnaturally stiff stance, the suit has been packed like sardines in a box for a few days, so that may have a little effect.

oh yea, the 12"s are there collecting dust now - used to have some use for them on the decks; now they're just big coasters!
musicboohoo[1].gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've got some extra fabric going on in the back there.

rox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
You've got some extra fabric going on in the back there.

It's hard to tell. It looks like he's throwing his shoulders back.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done it is looking good.

It is always helpful judging a tailors work to see photographs of the wearer without the coat on to see how the trousers fit -back and front views.

Is this possible?

James Douglas Collection

Reaction score
The suit looks nice and looks like Chan did a good job, but it does like that there is some extra fabric in the back of the coat. I am wondering if this is a standard of Chan's because if you look at the picture that is 2nd to the last the gentleman in that picture also has extra fabric in the back of his coat I don't know if he works there or if he's a client but I'm sure he has some association with Chan, so I wonder if this is a norm for Chan suits. I have never used them so I would like to know. Other than that the work looks great!

TIEALIGN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rox
It's hard to tell. It looks like he's throwing his shoulders back.

I agree...but I think the suit looks good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads