1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Must visit shops and places near LSE (High Holborn)?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by david3558, Jul 1, 2012.

1. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Hey everyone,

I just got settled into my residence at the London School of Economics - on High Holborn. I've wandered about with my camera but I'm trying to figure what the best places to visit in this area are. Are there any shops that I wouldn't get to visit in the US or coffee I can't taste anywhere else?

I'm definitely going to pay a visit to Savile Row, just trying to see if there are places that are on the lower, student friendly budget as well.

Thanks!
    David

2. TemiCastro

TemiCastro Active Member

Covent garden for everything cool; art books, cloth shops, shoe shops.. Lower Regent Street: cloth shops, Saville Row:...

U well surrounded, enjoy..

3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Neal's Yard's Cheese shop in Covent Garden- it's a small shop. Currently closed for remodel, depending on how long you are there. You're not a far walk from the British Museum...

4. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Thanks for the input! I've been trying to find time to walk around and there is so much to see - which shops do you think would particularly be must-visits?

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Do you like Scotch? I think its World of Whiskies that has its shop there, you'll see it across from Fox Brothers.

6. StuddleyBarbour

StuddleyBarbour New Member

Can't think of any shops in particular on High Holborn, but if you head into the West End, Bates Hatters on Jermyn Street is a fantastic shop for all things headwear (entrance is through Hilditch and Key). Also the Vintage Showroom on Earlham Street in Covent Garden has some hidden gems - old rowing blazers, 50 year old Barbours, fishermen's sweaters etc.

7. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

If you hit Jermyn, then you'll be on the same block with a few of the shoe stores, Lobb, Green, the rest, Shirts, etc...