Must visit shops and places near LSE (High Holborn)?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by david3558, Jul 1, 2012.

1. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Hey everyone,

I just got settled into my residence at the London School of Economics - on High Holborn. I've wandered about with my camera but I'm trying to figure what the best places to visit in this area are. Are there any shops that I wouldn't get to visit in the US or coffee I can't taste anywhere else?

I'm definitely going to pay a visit to Savile Row, just trying to see if there are places that are on the lower, student friendly budget as well.

Thanks!
    David

2. TemiCastro

TemiCastro Active Member

Covent garden for everything cool; art books, cloth shops, shoe shops.. Lower Regent Street: cloth shops, Saville Row:...

U well surrounded, enjoy..

3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Neal's Yard's Cheese shop in Covent Garden- it's a small shop. Currently closed for remodel, depending on how long you are there. You're not a far walk from the British Museum...

4. david3558

david3558 Senior member

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Do you like Scotch? I think its World of Whiskies that has its shop there, you'll see it across from Fox Brothers.

6. StuddleyBarbour

StuddleyBarbour New Member

Can't think of any shops in particular on High Holborn, but if you head into the West End, Bates Hatters on Jermyn Street is a fantastic shop for all things headwear (entrance is through Hilditch and Key). Also the Vintage Showroom on Earlham Street in Covent Garden has some hidden gems - old rowing blazers, 50 year old Barbours, fishermen's sweaters etc.

7. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

If you hit Jermyn, then you'll be on the same block with a few of the shoe stores, Lobb, Green, the rest, Shirts, etc...