• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must See Documentaries

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
n1bke6hdzf541.jpg

Wow! Netflix nailed this......

What happens when a random/grotesque internet video goes viral? The clock starts ticking on the worldwide chase for the suspect.

The cops.......wait......it’s not the cops chasing, but a team of random internet sleuths! They link up via Facebook and try to identify the suspect as the videos escalate.

This is brilliant! If it was not a true story, I might be laughing at the Hollywood like timeline/script.

It’s an easy watch in that it is 3 eps. What I also like is that it gets right to the point. No unnecessary background fluff.

Netflix is knocking it out the park with these real life legal series!

4.75/5

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True-Justice-Image.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A very good watch via Youtube!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uppity.jpg

I'm a huge racing fan so tempted to watch this

Faux Brummell

Reaction score
"An Honest Liar," about magician and skeptic James Randi, is highly worth your time.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
12b6da84563a7f13_boxart.jpg

-Setting; Skidmore, Missouri USA. Population < 500.
-Date: Appr 1970's - 1981(initially.)
-Scene: The longtime bully, Ken Rex McElroy, is terrorizing the small town...shooting/******/burning homes/etc. The small community holds a meeting after his latest shooting > conviction > release on bond! As it seems that even the law can't contain Mr. McElroy, they decide to take matters into their own hands.

-What happens next during this Sundance(TV channel) 6 part series is truly fascinating! The silence that has been held since just shows how much this man/family was hated.

-The series also details how such a small town has since ravaged by crime/murders.

-You will see interviews right after the initial event. You will see longtime town residents share their feelings/thoughts. You will see actual videos of the subsequent crimes, investigations and followup.

-I watched this entire series today on Youtube. I was not looking for it, it just popped up as a rec. I actually started to watch the made for TV movie about the initial event a while back but didn't get 5 min in(Brian Dennehy starred) because something came up. I was looking for BD movies....as I didn't know anything about this event.

-This was ABSOLUTELY fascinating/amazing! Well worth a watch.

-Easily 4.5/5!

Here is ep 1. It may also be available on Amazon Prime:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
XP:

unsolved-02.jpg

Started the new episodes last night. Finished 3/6.

This series carefully walks the viewers along the path leading up to the crime/mystery. It uses real life testimonials, actual crime scene phots and reenactments. Each ep is just under 1 hour.

Really not more to say. The title speaks for itself.

So far....I would go 3.9/5.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about "must see" but as someone who has a renewed interest in photography, I found this entertaining. I had never heard of Elsa Dorfman or that 20 x 24 instant polaroid cameras existed.
It made me look for film for my sx70 and lo and behold it's available......$22 for 8 shots. ?

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"My real life has fallen in-between the crack in between my life and my film"

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2i8qASvTIQqJA8-gx0NwuoJyDQXaNaKFwayYV_5s-yOhCCaxCAuomUDFhI_TSa27Eg26xyTKEkUQZvvnQ1mS6vJLK1VvvqlQ_b_CZsBSVj7922LJLox9CKAUfRMFMpa6llKvrUdYLLmsblWDd7uv8Mf4dO7p82AC0GFCaDbV2_eOv3TiFqI0_c5beAIRK_Zco7P-W2O3c_BI0fyhikeCrKN0LsXf_Qm5JK9P11u9qdmYvASWJweUKXCUQP18ZiB9_gAdDYybpQWO3Mn3gfcTydiHp5Aw

A very solid 3 part doc re ex NFL player Aaron Hernandez.

Several years ago, AH was a suspect in 2 separate murder(3 people in total) investigations while playing for the New England Patriots in the NFL.

This doc walks you through his upbringing, college life and rise to being one of the most gifted young players to enter the league.

His issue? Leaving the friends/neighborhood behind and learning to grow up and not be that "tough guy" person he wanted everyone to believe he was..

The phone recordings when he is in jail awaiting trial are interesting!

Worth a watch. I didn't catch this when it first came out.

3.75/5.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the subject of the above, this is really good and comments on the state of drivers making it to Formula 1...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2i8qASvTIQqJA8-gx0NwuoJyDQXaNaKFwayYV_5s-yOhCCaxCAuomUDFhI_TSa27Eg26xyTKEkUQZvvnQ1mS6vJLK1VvvqlQ_b_CZsBSVj7922LJLox9CKAUfRMFMpa6llKvrUdYLLmsblWDd7uv8Mf4dO7p82AC0GFCaDbV2_eOv3TiFqI0_c5beAIRK_Zco7P-W2O3c_BI0fyhikeCrKN0LsXf_Qm5JK9P11u9qdmYvASWJweUKXCUQP18ZiB9_gAdDYybpQWO3Mn3gfcTydiHp5Aw

A very solid 3 part doc re ex NFL player Aaron Hernandez.

Several years ago, AH was a suspect in 2 separate murder(3 people in total) investigations while playing for the New England Patriots in the NFL.

This doc walks you through his upbringing, college life and rise to being one of the most gifted young players to enter the league.

His issue? Leaving the friends/neighborhood behind and learning to grow up and not be that "tough guy" person he wanted everyone to believe he was..

The phone recordings when he is in jail awaiting trial are interesting!

Worth a watch. I didn't catch this when it first came out.

3.75/5.

You didn't get the impression that his machismo upbringing clashing with homosexuality was the main issue, leading him to overcompensate? Not saying you're wrong, but that's the impression I got.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads