Must See Documentaries

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

"Mini-Doc" or advertisement to join the class action suit? With 250 offices in the US and based in Chicago, what does much of it have to do with Wall Street - I guess apart from the 4 contractors interviewed? They're attorney is in Boston too

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

:eh:

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

[​IMG]

A VERY powerful documentary from Netflix. I binge watched this over the last few days.

It details the abduction and murder of 2 young women(one being a Catholic nun) and the connection to the rape/molestation of children in Baltimore, Maryland.

This is all set against the backdrop of the Catholic Church, Archdiocese of Baltimore, the Baltimore police department/FBI/State Police and what many feel was and is a huge coverup to protect the reputation of the Catholic Church "mainly" due to the actions of 1 priest.

Very sobering and enlightening watch. 7 episodes appr 1hr each.
    I won't give away too much.

5/5 stars!

Last edited: May 24, 2017

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

[​IMG]

Caught this last night. Interesting docu about the founder/family of Nathan's Famous hot dogs fame/fortune out of Coney Island, Brooklyn NY. Written, directed, narrated by Nathan's grandson with some cool footage and interviews.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I thought Eddie Strongman was surprisingly good. Watched it on Netflix one night out of boredom and went from knowing nothing about this guy to becoming a fan. If the portrayal of him shown in the documentary is accurate, the man's got heart, a good family man and is a real beast when it comes to his dedication at the sport.

[​IMG]

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Excellent documentary on the Hillsborough tragedy which took place in Sheffield, England on April 15, 1989. Liverpool was playing Nottingham Forest in the semis of the FA Cup. 96 people died and hundreds more injured due to inept police, soccer and stadium officials. They didn't prepare for the crowds and took no/limited action when many people started to get crushed in the pens behind the goal.

Just this week(almost 30 years later), 5 officials were indicted for this disaster, including David Duckenfield, who was the Chief Superintendent at the time and had no experience with the stadium, football or managing this type of situation.

Definitely worth a look!

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

This is worth a watch. Tons of wild footage.

[​IMG]

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Rewatched Mr. Warmth the other night. Great documentary about Don Rickles' life and career.

[​IMG]

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I need to catch that. In my queue and just forgot about it.