1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Music

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Apr 26, 2004.

1. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

Any one into Pernice Brothers? I can not get the "Cut the baby in two" song....
    Yes........"bum leg" and "hundred dollar pocket" are beautiful songs. And Joe is also a fan of the tv show The Wire.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I know that a number of people here are in to underground Japanese music so, some questions:

Bleach 03's "Bleach 03" - worth getting or should I look for a different album? Granted, I don't listen to much of this stuff (most of what I listen to is either harder or poppier) but found that album on eMusic and it sparked my interest.

Zeni Geva's "Freedom Bondage" - impressions? As I like it (some of) the grindcore, it sounds interesting. Best album or should I again look for a different one?

Susumu Yokota's "Wonder Waltz". The previews on eMusic sound good to me but I noticed that their output can vary a lot.

Any opinions?

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

So, I've been out of the loop as I dumped my entire music collection. Upon further listening to the new Animal Collective, I think it's their best. It's very structured and poppy, but I think it's also their most emotionally connected and resonant work. I love it. I know we have some AC fans on the board so...thoughts?

Gets better on every listen. "For Reverend Green" has become the sandout for me.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

So, I've been out of the loop as I dumped my entire music collection. Upon further listening to the new Animal Collective, I think it's their best. It's very structured and poppy, but I think it's also their most emotionally connected and resonant work. I love it. I know we have some AC fans on the board so...thoughts?
    Gets better on every listen. "For Reverend Green" has become the sandout for me.
    I was roped into listening to some of this band's music last night by a female friend of mine. I was sorely tempted to sharpen a pencil and jam it in my ear. What horrible crap. Can anyone explain the popularity to me? Maybe I'm missing something.

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I was roped into listening to some of this band's music last night by a female friend of mine. I was sorely tempted to sharpen a pencil and jam it in my ear. What horrible crap. Can anyone explain the popularity to me? Maybe I'm missing something.

Check out "Winter's Love" off of Sung Tongs. It's probably AC's most accessible song.

6. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Righto

Couple of things.

My band just released a record

www.dickprall.com
    or dick prall on myspace. Listen to long play, its a beaut

Im the fiddle player.

I am totally obsessed with Midlake and the song Young Bride, that is a perfect song in my book.

7. Homme

Homme Senior member

Have just finished first listen of Radiohead's new album, "In Rainbows". I think i like it, alot.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

Why is everyone so impressed with the artists that are propped up for us to love? Most of the artists we hear and are provided to us by the big corporations, are "built" to impress us. Our current tastes are forced on us. Most mainstream artists don't possess great voices. Let's search out and find new and exciting talent for ourselves.

http://stylishsongstress.tumblr.com/