1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Music streaming

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Mike C., Aug 24, 2004.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

Does anyone here subscribe to a music streaming service like Rhapsody? I'm interested in which one you guys think is the best out there. Rhapsody isn't bad for $10 a month.

2. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am trying out Sirius radio. You can listen to it on line as well as with the receiver. I do not have a car (live in NYC) so I have just been listening on line. Of course the only reason is to listen to Little Steven's underground garage station.

I used to listen to live 365 when there were lots of free stations.

There is so much free music on line that you really don't have to pay. I don't download much. just stream.

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Download iTunes and check out the free radio stations you can get from there.

BTW, I don't know what you are talking about Shirtmaven. I have to download music, I'm a fiend, and I can't stop.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I love The Underground Garage. Best show on air IMO. Though you don't need to stream it through Sirius. Get it free here. If you're into garage/punk/indie then the best full time station is 103.1 based in LA. When I was living out there earlier this summer, it was the new sensation in LA. Stream it free here.

6. Catch-22

Catch-22 Active Member

I've always been partial to live365.com They have a ton of independent streaming radio stations in pretty much every category allowing you to zero in on any music category you feel like listening to at any given moment. They do have some obnoxious commercials, but much less so than traditional radio. I haven't tried the subscription service (no commercials/more stations) but its cheaper than most streaming services...

7. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

a few years ago i used to listen to kexp.org, out of seattle. lot of indy, non-mainstream hiphop, eclectic stuff. in fact maybe i'll listen again, if i can crawl on the floor and reach my headphones around the back of the damn computer. [​IMG] /andrew