• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Music sounds all messed up after transferring to new computer

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey folks. Figured one of you may be able to help me with this. I got a new computer so wanted to transfer my itunes over (about 25 gigs). I had my comp crash a few years ago, so a bunch of the files were put on there from my iPod, just by viewing hidden files and dropping into iTunes.

So. I transferred the hidden files to my new comp, and a large portion of the music sounds like crap- choppy, vocal very quiet, etc. Not just a loss of quality, but something is not right.

So, I delete it all, consolidate my library on my old comp to make transferring the music easier (had to do each hidden file by hand before), now I drop this new folder on to my external drive, and put back into iTunes and again, I have the same problem- seems to be with different songs.

If I open in Windows media player it is the same thing too. So it seems to be something is going wrong in transferring.

What the heck is going wrong? What can I do?

Thanks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 75 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 147 33.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 131 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%