• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Museum Calf Appreciation Thread

All Tatters

Reaction score
...I do hate to brake the party, but Renomat is the muck-removal product while Renovateur is the deep-moisturising one. The latter will not remove wax buildups and such.
Renovateur has the same effect although more slightly so. It is said to moisturize, protect and renew.

It does the renewing part by removing some excess polish so even though it is protecting and moisturizing I wouldn't put it on brand new shoes before wearing. My tip is to just make sure you don't expose new shoes to inclement weather until they're polished a couple of times (with regular cream polish that is).

But since it is more experience-based than fact-based this discussion could go on forever and this probably belongs in a regular shoe care thread, so let's get back to the regular museum calf discussion. :)

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Budget Museum Calf

Barker Lincoln

appoooh

Reaction score
Budget Museum Calf

Barker Lincoln
The photos speak volumes: I think Barker offers the best price to quality ratio of any British shoe.

I had an identical pair in black which unfortunately I had to sell because they were too wide. Great looking shoe though!

Last edited:

Heh Ding Xin

Reaction score
My Kent Wang Clayton in Sienna museum calf, the mottling effect is very minimal though, unlike what is shown on the web

cezinho

Reaction score
Arrived today bit unfortunately too big (43F).
So frustrating

2A073C07-E73F-4372-A013-982C9567C7E2.jpg

Mark Lee Jin Yi

Reaction score
This is a x-post from the John Lobb thread, just wanted to share some pics of my new acquisition.

John Lobb's Jodhpur II in Dark Brown Museum Calf.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Faster

Reaction score
Reviving this thread..

Looking for some feedback on Vass Gold Museum - does it have more of an orange than a "gold" hint?

Also, has anyone gotten Navy or Green museum from them and can post some pics?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reviving this thread..

Looking for some feedback on Vass Gold Museum - does it have more of an orange than a "gold" hint?

Also, has anyone gotten Navy or Green museum from them and can post some pics?  

I'm wearing mine today. These were ordered through Epaulet as gold museum, but they actually are labeled "cognac museum calf" on the box. I'm pretty sure they're one and the same. The "museum" aspect of it is basically indiscernible. Looks like cognac to me, but you be the judge:

Last edited:

Faster

Reaction score

I'm wearing mine today. These were ordered through Epaulet as gold museum, but they actually are labeled "cognac museum calf" on the box. I'm pretty sure they're one and the same. The "museum" aspect of it is basically indiscernible. Looks like cognac to me, but you be the judge:

Thank you. It's a hard one to capture on pics..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads