• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Museum Calf Appreciation Thread

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang, you beat me to it. I was thinking about this a few weeks ago but I didn't have enough museum calf yet lol. Here's a shot of sienna museum calf. Favorite color yet.

Medium Brown and sienna:

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wurger Thanks for posting, very enjoyable and extremely valuable information at least for someone like myself who has yet to seriously look into owning something of the nature. D*** now I have something else I need to add to my list. LOL

Great looking shoes everybody!!!!

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol well you better get those navy museum calf now that you started this thread! I'd really like to see a museum calf with grain or suede uppers in this thread too. And thoughts on shoe care. Heard contradicting methods involving either neutral wax or a cream in the same shade as the lightest color. Personally, I'm trying to collect the entire rainbow with plum and good museum up next and maybe Merlot after that.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@wurger
 Thanks for posting, very enjoyable and extremely valuable information at least for someone like myself who has yet to seriously look into owning something of the nature. D*** now I have something else I need to add to my list. LOL

Great looking shoes everybody!!!! 

dddrees, looking forward to your pair in the future!

FranceT

Reaction score
Hello, I speak for the new property of Ilcea, from january 2014.
These are some photos of the real radica calf (museum for John Lobb) from the real Ilcea Tannery (now in production):

The other products from different tanneries are only surrogates of the original Radica.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thread! Cool that someone from Ilcea (FranceT) is posting too.

G

Griffindork

The Ilcea samples above are amazing. The bottom looks like "new gold", which I saw in the Lobb boutique a few weeks ago. It is incredible. Definitely will use it for my next lobbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hello, I speak for the new property of Ilcea, from january 2014.
These are some photos of the real radica calf (museum for John Lobb) from the real Ilcea Tannery (now in production):

The other products from different tanneries are only surrogates of the original Radica.

Wish there was a rep in the US.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads